Getting behind the steering wheel of your truck typically requires a big step without a step bar. Also called a nerf bar, this lightweight component allows you to get on your driving spot easier without stressing your legs much, especially if your SUV, pick-up, or race car has a high ground clearance. Sometimes, it comes with a netting to prevent slippage when stepping, but it will do as it is if what you only need is to get that additional step when getting on your driver spot. This component is surely a great comfort upgrade for your vehicle; however, before buying one, see if nerf bars from N-Dure will be worth your time and money.
- Made from high-quality mild steel tubing
- Mandrel-bent for a wrinkle-free look
- With powder-coat finish
- With UV-resistant polymer pad
- 3 inches in diameter
- No-drill installation and direct-fit
- Comes with brackets and all needed hardware
- Comes with two years of N-Dure limited warranty
We installed and tested these nerf bars on a Ford Flex and a GMC Syclone, and here is what we have to say:
- The installation of the nerf bars on the Flex and the Syclone was generally okay. The brackets did their job well of supporting the nerf bars once they were connected under the sides of the vehicles. The rubber washers fit well and kept the metal of the components from putting too much stress on the underside frame when we stepped on the nerf bars.
- When driving both vehicles, we experienced no rattling that might be caused by weak or loose fasteners and incorrectly sized mounting holes. The nerf bars were as if non-existent when driving; they practically integrated with the body of each car.
- The components were really solid, polished, and had no small bumps. The bars were professionally bent, for the diameter was uniform from end to end. The pads were a good accent and made stepping on the bars a lot easier and safer.
- The coverage of the nerf bars was accurate. Those we installed on the Flex and the Syclone protected the entire cab length of both cars. We literally pushed a shopping cart toward the sides of both cars to see if the nerf bars would prevent the cart from touching the body of the cars. There were no scratches on the sides of both cars.
- This product carries only two years of limited warranty, which is quite unimpressive when put side by side with other brands that offer five years and even lifetime limited warranty.
When choosing this type of add-on, make sure that you buy one matching the make and model of your truck or SUV since most installation problems are related with component mismatch. This product actually did its job as expected, has a good price, and looks visually fine. If you can live with the provided warranty, then having this on your vehicle will definitely improve its appearance and will make your riding experience better.