Here is the scenario: you on the highway driving your car, but you have a feeling that you are not in full control of your wheels. You keep the wheels to the left, then to the right, but they do not seem to stay perpendicular to the road. Now that is a problem. Before endangering yourself and skidding sideways, check your control arms if they are still doing their job. Driving with poor brakes is a sure nuisance, but losing control of your car is a more alarming situation. Let us see if an OES Genuine control arm will be the right partner for you.
- With ball joints
- With polyurethane bushings
- Original equipment replacement
- Made of high-quality steel alloy
- Treated with rust protector for corrosion resistance
- With one-piece sleeves for added control and security
After testing the component (entire control arm assembly for the front suspension) on a Honda Accord and a Lexus LS430, here are the most obvious things that we noticed:
- The pre-installed ball joints and bushings fit securely into their places, which is the first sign of quality manufacturing.
- The component easily attached to the frame and steering knuckle. It was a hassle-free installation that only took about ten minutes.
- The construction was really solid, and we were able to feel the wheels moving right away as we steered the LS430 and the Accord to the left and right.
- We saw that the wheels stayed properly aligned with the car body; the wheels were moving perfectly parallel in whatever direction the steering wheel was turned to.
- We actually got addicted to hitting road humps and bumps with this OES Genuine control arm. The ride on both cars was totally level, and we were always excited to turn around and hit the humps again and again.
- Its price is competitive and belongs to the cheapest ones in the market.
- This component comes with a year of limited warranty, but we think that this is not much since checking the reliability of a car part such as a control arm (and its assembly) will definitely need thousands of miles on the road.
- There was a slight over-steer with the vehicle when run high-speed. When we checked, it was due to the polyurethane bushing that was very stiff and less shock absorbent.
Opting for this original equipment control arm will provide a good control and a level ride when you drive. The over-steer problem can actually be experience-based and model-based, and that is what you need to find out for yourself when you get to try this product. Quality is rarely an issue with aftermarket parts, so you can surely count on this OES Genuine control arm to give you the right wheel alignment and powerful control of your car.