OES Genuine is an original equipment supplier of auto parts that are manufactured to meet OE standards. It's basically a brand that provides matches that are made in auto parts heaven. But reliability and compatibility of a part is not just about following a set of standards during manufacturing. Experience and testing its actual performance is still the best way to rate a replacement part. So to find out if OES Genuine parts are as efficient and compatible as they claim to be, we installed a OES Genuine power steering hose on our Mercedes 350 SDL and rated in our factors such as performance, quality, and compatibility.
- OE-replacement style and fit
- Includes end fittings
- Comes complete with heat shielding
- Sold individually
- Lower price as compared to other aftermarket suppliers
- The part was well-made and of good quality. It looked exactly like the actual Mercedes part. Our team even concluded that it was how a factory replacement hose should be.
- Aside from its OE-equivalent quality, we were also very impressed with its material and construction. It was molded correctly, which ensured better and more efficient application.
- Price is OES Genuine power steering hose's most attractive quality. It was one of the cheapest hoses we could find online. But even with the lower price, this part was still up to par, if not even better, than its competitors.
- Installation was a bit tricky and we would recommend having a professional replace it rather than doing yourself. Our team of certified technicians took about two hours to install the part. The difficulty lies more on accessing the part rather than getting the new replacement in and installed.
- We were disappointed with the heat shielding that was included with the part. It didn't have the same OEM quality as the main hose. We had to reused the old OEM shielding because it was a lot heavier. Our team was felt more confident with the original part on the car instead of the poorly constructed shielding.
The OES Genuine power steering hose is an ideal factory replacement hose that can rival even originally made equipment. It features a solid construction, precise fit, and a flawless finish that ensures both a longer service life and a more efficient function. Installation can get a bit confusing though, so be sure to contact a certified technician to help you with the replacement. It requires more than just your usual garage tools to get tit installed. Overall, the OES Genuine power steering hose's relatively lower price and OE-style quality is a good part to invest in to regain your vehicle's optimal performance.