Ensuring rear-end safety is as important as keeping the same for the front-end of your vehicle. To do this, you definitely need a pair of high-quality tail lights that serves as your identifier to other tailing vehicles. Without your tail lights--or with only one of them on--your safety definitely becomes compromised. You should never drive on the highway at night without rear-facing lights, unless you want to be ticketed or you are just out of your mind to take that risk. Your tail lights can be the ordinary red-colored ones, but you can also upgrade them to have a darker shade. The good thing about these lights is that they are not that expensive and are generally replaceable with OE ones. The next time you need a tail light replacement, try opting for an OES Genuine one. But before buying it, let us first put it to the test.
- Made of quality material
- Original equipment replacement
- Sold individually
- Provides high visibility to other motorists
We tested this component on a Chevrolet Silverado and a GMC Yukon, and here is what we have to say:
- Upon visual inspection, we saw that the product looked quite good for an OE-quality unit. The housing and lens were shiny and had no scratches. The bulbs were complete and looked in good condition.
- We were able to install the component without any considerable hassle. We only needed to take out the old assembly and switch it with this new one. The existent wiring connectors worked great with the new unit. We rocked the component by hand and proved that it was fit with the mounting location using the existent bolts.
- When we turned on the ignition of the Silverado and the Yukon, the tail lights came on at the same moment the headlights did.
- We drove the two vehicles around nine in the evening to test for visibility. No trailing vehicle got too close to us than two meters, so we did not experience any close-enough collision.
- This tail light did not come with wiring connectors that would have made the assembly completely new.
- This product is more expensive than other brands by more than 20USD. Also, it did not come with even a limited warranty.
This product seems to be a good replacement for your factory-installed tail lights. If you can live with its pricier cost, then you are better off with this one. Otherwise, look for something more affordable without going down on quality. We advise that you check your wiring connections when you install the new tail lights in order to ensure the longer health of the assembly.