If you hear a grinding, metallic noise at the wheel area of your ride, then you have probably been hitting more curbs lately. It is possible that your wheel hub is damaged. This component is where the wheel bearing is located, and it allows a smooth movement and quiet rotating of the tire and the wheel. This component usually lasts the lifetime of the car, but when the bearing goes bad, it is advisable that this part is also replaced. You have to look for one that has the right number of bolt holes to match those on your tire. But if you do not want any hassle, you may look for a universal wheel hub that fits perfectly on the front and rear tires of your ride. When you need to replace your wheel hub, you might opt for OES Genuine for a change. But before buying its product, let us first put the unit to the test.
- Made of high-quality metal
- Sold individually
- For the rear
- With bolt pattern similar with OE specs
- With ABS sensor ring
We tested this component on a 1995 Mazda Millenia and a 2009 Honda Accord, and here is what we have to say:
- Upon visual inspection, we were satisfied to see that the unit had a dependable construction. It seemed that it would not give in easily to mild stress caused by hitting curbs.
- The bolt patterns matched that of the tires of the Millenia and the Accord. Thus, we were able to have a relatively easy installation of the component using the bolts we separately purchased.
- After the installation of the component, we checked if the wheel and tire assembly would give play. There was no play at 12 and 6 o'clock, and neither there was at 9 and 3 o'clock.
- After ensuring that the wheel bearing and wheel hub were lubricated, we ran the Millenia and the Accord on the highway and on streets with potholes. We heard no noise indicating any metal-to-metal friction.
- The component did not come with the matching bolts. It would have saved us the time buying if these bolts came with the unit. Also, the assembly could have been better with new bolts.
- This product did not come with the installation instructions on how to put the component into the axle.
This product comes with a somewhat competitive price. Aside from the missing bolts, we did not have any problem with it during the test. With such a component, you only need to ensure its proper installation and lubrication in order to make it last. Overall, this OES Genuine wheel hub is a good replacement option.