Driving a vehicle with power windows is such a big convenience--that is, until the window regulator breaks down. You don't want rain or snow to get inside your ride, so replacing your vehicle's window regulator is very important. We understand that choosing which window regulator to fit an automobile can be a challenge, so we tested the OES Genuine window regulator on our Volkswagen Beetle hatchback to see if it can make our power windows operate a lot better.
- Front, passenger side location
- Brand new
- Power operation
- OE replacement
What we liked
- The OES Genuine window regular was a perfect fit for our Volkswagen Beetle hatchback. The part does not require any vehicle modification, so the installation can be completed within 45 minutes. However, those who are not too mechanically inclined may find the mounting procedures a little bit of a challenge.
- It fits and functions just like the original part we took out. The window regulator was well built--it works flawlessly, and it makes opening and closing our car windows a lot easier. We didn't have to deal with jamming, blown fuses, and burned-out motors. Moreover, the slider has a metal liner attached to it, preventing the regulator from breaking down easily. That tells us that this part will last us a long time.
What we didn't like
- The product came with no directions for installation. It would be helpful, especially for a novice, if the product came with the step-by-step procedures. That will greatly reduce the time needed for installation.
- It's a little bit on the expensive side. However, this product does its job really well, so that evens out whatever issues we might have about its price.
Our final say
If you're tired of using duct tape to hold your car windows together, the OES Genuine window regulator is an excellent solution for fixing your car windows. Installing this part was a breeze. However, it won't be possible without the right set of tools and skills to do the job. If you're new to car mechanics, you might end up throwing the towel a little too soon, though you can easily find directions for installation on the Internet. This replacement part is not cheap, but with its quality, we say that the price we paid for was worth it. We recommend this brand as an OE replacement for broken window regulators.