Your car's window switch remains to be one of the most abused part of your car's interior. Just imagine how hard it has to work every time you roll your windows up or down, change your mirror's angle, and automatically lock your doors. That is why durability is the name of the game in car window switches. If you're looking for a new window switch to replace your old one, read on our review for an OES Genuine Window Switch as we install it on our 1998 Volvo S90 to see if it satisfies your requirement for a reliable car window switch.
- Made of heavy-duty plastic
- Sleek, black finish
- OE-replacement fit and style
- Sold individually
- Equipped with six buttons/switches
- Upon visual inspection of the part, the OES Genuine Window Switch looked solid and sturdy while looking very stylish, thanks to its black finish. It matched the Volvo's interior so perfectly that it was hard to tell that it is a replacement part.
- Since the old switch on our Volvo stopped working because of the poor quality of its part, we had to scrutinize this new replacement. Surprisingly, the part looked very durable, without any loose parts or connections.
- We appreciate that the part was a complete unit. It came with 4 window switches, a power lock button, and a mirror switch.
- Being a direct OEM replacement for the Volvo, the part fit our car like a gloves. This factory OEM part made installation relatively hassle-free and less time-consuming
- The switches also fitted in perfectly with the rest of the part. We didn't have to take it apart, burnish the contact, and reinstall the them to get the switches to fit.
- Although installation was a breeze, we would have appreciated an instruction manual or set of directions included in the kit. We had to search for a how to video online to make sure we were installing the part correctly.
- As compared to aftermarket window switches, the OES Genuine replacement part is a little pricey.
The OES Genuine window switch is an OEM part made from high-quality and durable plastic. Its specifications exactly match that of the original equipment to ensure a correct and tight fit every single time. Aside from its OEM features, this part is also a very well-rounded window switch for convenient control of your car's windows. It features 6 buttons, each with a single specific function. Although the OES Genuine window switch is more expensive than others, the reliable quality and ease of installation more than makes up for the cost.