The component responsible for supplying the needed energy to start your vehicle is your car's battery. Without a properly working battery, it's almost impossible for your engine to run and function properly. Although it's built to last long, your car's battery is still subjected to wear and damage over time. That is why it's a must that you install a high-quality battery. And to give you an idea on which brand to trust, here's what we think about the Optima Red Top battery:
Optima Red Top battery features:
- Sold individually
- Features solid-molded cell connections
- Comes with self-sealing safety valves
- Uses an impact-resistant polypropylene case
- Comes with high-purity grids
- Has corrosion-resistant terminals
- Made with rugged spiracell construction
- Uses absorbent glass mat separator
- Has SAE post
- Suitable for performance applications
- Offers 720 cold cranking amps
- Backed by Optima's one-year limited warranty
We tested the Optima Red Top battery on our 2012 Honda Odyssey, and we noticed the following good and bad points:
- It's easy to install, thanks to the battery's direct-fit feature; you just need to prepare a few handy tools and allot some 30 minutes time to finish the installation.
- You don't have to worry about rusting, since this battery has corrosion-resistant terminals.
- It gives our 2012 Odyssey sufficient electrical power to start properly.
- It's sturdy and durable; it didn't show any signs of wear or damage even after our seven-mile drive around town.
- It resists the car's vibrations through its impact-resistant polypropylene case.
- Its high-purity lead grids gives this battery a longer service life compared to regular batteries.
- It's more expensive compared to other battery brands such as Performance Tool and Sound Quest.
- It may require minor modifications depending on your vehicle.
Therefore, we say...
The Optima battery delivers maximum performance and durability. It gives the necessary electrical power needed by your car in order to function properly. Moreover, it stands out from other batteries with its resistance to high temperatures under the hood. This battery is 100% spill-proof, so you don't have to worry about leaks and premature battery replacement. Aside from serving its function well, it also features a hassle-free installation, thanks to its direct-fit feature. So if you're on the hunt for a replacement part that's worth your time and money, then we suggest you try the Optima Rep Top battery.