We all take time to ensure that our vehicles' engines are working properly. It's high time that we give the same amount of care to the wheels of our automobiles, starting by installing mud flaps. We installed the Power Flow mud flaps on our Acura CL and took them out to a test. Here's what we found out.
- Front or rear location
- Direct fit
- Made from rubber
- Molded shape
- Sold in sets of two
- Wheel well mount style
What we liked
- These Power Flow mud flaps are relatively easy to install. We say "relatively" because we had to remove the wheels of our vehicle first for clearance. The installation itself took less than 15 minutes on each side of the vehicle.
- They dress up our vehicle nicely. They're not fancy, but they certainly add character to our Acura CL. Moreover, they look just like the factory-installed ones we had on our ride. We also like the fact that these flaps do not have any logo on them--those things can sometimes ruin the overall look of an automobile.
- We can't complain about the price. These mud flaps are less expensive than the others we found online. Their excellent quality is something that you wouldn't normally expect in something that's low-priced.
- The flaps provide adequate splash protection. We no longer have to deal with chips of rocks and caked-up mud on the side and wheels of our vehicle.
What we didn't like
- These mud flaps do not come pre-drilled like their stock counterparts. Lining them up straight on the vehicle is a bit of a challenge. You'll need help to hold the flaps in place while you eyeball the drilling location.
- There is no recess in the flap where you can bed in a fender flare. The flaps require a little bit of modification (trimming the innermost top corner), which isn't really an issue for seasoned DIY-ers. However, the mod adds up to the installation time.
Our final say
The Power flow mud flaps are excellent in keeping debris, mud, and water away from the vehicle. Although we had to deal with some minor modifications, the flaps turned out to be an excellent fit for our vehicle. They fit the contour of our car very well, as if they're especially made for our automobile. We highly recommend these to those who are looking for flaps that offer sufficient protection and are willing to do a little bit of adjustment on the part (trimming and drilling).