Suspension products have been Pro Comp's specialty since 1992. As one of its strongest departments, Pro Comp innovates suspension systems through high quality replacement parts that are made for different kinds of applications. But quality suspension isn't measured by innovation alone. It should also be reliable, durable, and efficient. To find out if its suspension products are as well-performing as it is technologically-advanced, we installed a Pro Comp ES 9000 shock absorber and strut assembly on our 2004 Ford F150 and took it out for a spin.
- Twin-tube design with nitrogen gas charge
- Equipped with a 5/8" hard-chromed piston rod and 3/8" nylon-banded, full-displacement piston head
- Includes double-welded shock mounts
- Built with 10-stage, velocity-sensitive valves
- Extended length of 18 in.
- Backed by a Lifetime Pro Comp limited warranty
- The part's OE-quality specifications made it very easy to assemble and install. The shock absorber and strut assembly fits nicely on our F-150 without the need for any sort of modification.
- We appreciated the sturdiness that the double-welded shock mounts provided. It made the assembly more durable and reliable.
- After installing the shocks and struts, we instantly felt the difference in the handling of the pickup. This is especially true when it comes to its steering or whenever we apply its brakes.
- We also experienced a firmer ride from the F-150 after replacing the original part with the one from Pro Comp. It kept everything under control during our test drive.
- We were impressed by how it substantially improved driving comfort whether we were driving on or off the road. It smoothed out highway bumps and toned down the noise coming from the truck's front-end.
- Even without an adjustable function, the 10-stage, velocity-sensitive valving feature of the part made our pickup truck more flexible. This function allowed our vehicle to self-adjust to varying road conditions.
- We also observed that the truck sits a bit higher now than before, especially in the rear. The increased ground clearance made it easier to maneuver the truck for off-road applications.
- Installation was a bit of a challenge. The shocks were a bit too tight for our liking. We had to compress them to get it into place and complete the installation.
- New mounting hardware was not included with the part. We had to reuse the old parts, which were pretty worn out to begin with.
Overall, the Pro Comp shock absorber and strut assembly is an excellent replacement part that could improve your vehicle's steering, suspension, and ride quality. It is also made from premium-grade materials and is designed to further prove its withstanding durability for a longer service life. This assembly is recommended for off-roaders who wish to gain better handling without sacrificing driving comfort.