The best thing about owning a Jeep is that you can drive on the highway with your soft top down. You can feel the breeze brushing your hair backwards, and you can turn the radio to its highest volume and sing just like crazy. But the farthest thing on your mind that moment is that your soft top is exposed to dirt and dust at all times whether it is folded or not. Well, cleaning the component is really not that hard, but when yours is three or five years old, it is surely showing signs of retirement. When looking for a replacement, you must consider features like reliable weatherproofing, wear resistance, and color integrity for extended time. Why not go for a Rampage soft top this time around? But before buying it, let us first check if it deserves that spot at the back of your Jeep.
- Comes in black denim fabric
- Requires hardware and door frames for installation
- With fade-resistant, marine-grade, wick-stop thread that repels moisture
- Removable windows use molded tooth zippers
- With heat-sealed seams and windows for weatherproofing
- Comes with a year of Rampage limited warranty
We tested this component on a Jeep Wrangler Sport, and here is what we have to say:
- The top was very easy to install, and it barely took ten minutes for us to have it on. It was merely about reversing the process of taking off the old top.
- The pouch above the visors was really helpful when you have maps and other small stuff to bring with you on the trip. The same needed to be said about the compartments for storing the windows while not in use.
- We sprayed water on the top and proved that the material was definitely leak-tight. The A-panel trim piece also helped seal the door and window from water leaks.
- When going 40 miles or so with the windows down, the soft top slapped the support bars located between the windshield and the sound bar. This created the noise that we constantly heard while on the road.
- Getting something out of the back seat when the rear window was closed proved to be a bit difficult. We needed to unzip the rear window and spend some time in taking its sides off when reinstalling it.
- When folded and put inside the bag, the rear window looked a bit lumpy, which also created a lumpy appearance on the top when in safari mode.
This Rampage soft top has a competitive price, looks great, and performs according to expectations. However, you still have to experience how it performs in various kinds of weather. But you can surely depend on the kind material it is made of. If you are looking for a quality replacement soft top, this one is definitely a good choice.