As the Reese company continues to deliver one of the best trailer towing systems in the market, it also strives to bring the best customer experience to its thousands of patrons. That is why its wide range of hitches are built to provide the right kind of application that you might need. But with its extreme flexibility, how would you know if this multi-fit hitch design will give your truck the system it needs? To find out, we installed a Reese class III/IV multi-fit receiver HITC on our Jeep Grand Cherokee and tested it for its towing capabilities.
- Designed with a square-tube welded construction
- Universal fit; may require drilling on some vehicles
- Powdercoated, black finish
- With maximum gross trailer weight of 5000 lbs. WC/6000 lbs. WD
- Backed by a Lifetime Reese limited warranty
- The installation instructions that came with the part was well-written and easy to understand. Although the part is a universal fit, it still matched our vehicle's specs to a tee. This made installation a breeze.
- We appreciated the fact that an ample amount of mounting hardware came with the kit. We had a number of bolts and nuts left over even after installing the part.
- Aesthetically, we liked how concealed the hitch looks on the rear of the vehicle. It does not stick out like an eye sore as some other hitches often do.
- During a trip from Texas to Colorado, we tested the hitches endurance by towing a trailer all throughout the trip. The hitch held the trailer tight and we didn't notice any issue with regards to the hitch's grip on both the Silverado's bumper and the trailer.
- Although it fitted our Cherokee perfectly, the part's universal-fit design might be too limiting for some makes and models. It may not fit as well as it did on our vehicle, so do exercise caution.
- The hitch also significantly reduced the truck's ground clearance. We didn't like how the Cherokee looked with the lower height.
- Our only other complaint with this part is that we had to leave off the spare tire to give way to its installation.
The Reese hitch is a heavy-duty truck accessory that is designed and built to withstand the extreme pressures of towing heavy loads. With its multi-fit design and included installation hardware, mounting the part on your truck can be a hassle-free job. Although this hitch may require a few tweaks to get it to fit on the back of your truck, it's a great modification for a working truck that is worth the slight adjustments.