Regularly checking your rotors allows you to keep on top of when you need to resurface or replace them. Time, overheating, and excessive braking can cause these metal discs to become thin and scratched. In more extreme cases, they can even crack or turn blue. When you see any of these symptoms, you know that you should replace your brake discs immediately. Apart from driving around to look at what the local shops have to offer, go online and search for a new pair of rotors. Recently, we found ourselves doing so because we wanted to be spared from the uncomfortable vibrations and bad screeching of our broken brakes. We encountered the Replacement brand and so we thought we'd give it a try on our Mercedes-Benz C240.
Replacement brake disc features:
- They are original equipment replacement for the front brake discs
- These discs have a vented construction
- They are made of cast iron with a plain surface and a natural finish
- They are sold individually with a one-year unlimited-mileage warranty
- When these rotors came out of the box we liked the fact that they looked like the original rotors at a fraction of the cost.
- They weren't hard to install on our Mercedes. The fit perfectly, even if they weren't manufactured in Germany like the stock parts were.
- Our car is braking smoothly again.
- We're glad that they come with a warranty that lasts for one year.
We didn't like...
- We didn't know much about the brand when we bought these rotors.
- We had to buy two of these since they were sold separately.
- There wasn't any obvious performance increases.
Despite the fact that we didn't know much about Replacement, we still decided to take the plunge and buy two of these brake discs because of their low price. Still, we were surprised by how great they looked and how easy they were to install. We immediately got the old braking performance back from our car, but we didn't see any increase in performance at all. Only time will tell how long these Replacement brake discs will last, so we're definitely glad that they come with the warranty. Still, we would recommend these brake discs to you if you need replacement parts that work well while on a budget.