Aside from strengthening your car's bumper, a bumper cover can also be installed to instantly upgrade a vehicle's style. However, aesthetics isn't the true test of a good quality bumper cover. Other factors, such as durability and convenience, also come into play when choosing which cover to buy for your car. To find out which bumper cover would reign supreme over others, we installed a Replacement bumper cover on our 2004 Sierra to rate its score on different factors.
- Made of high-quality plastic with primered finish
- OE-replacement fit and style
- With holes for air and fog light
- Backed by a 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- Upon installation of the part, we were impressed with the quality fit and finish of this bumper cover. No modifications were done to get it installed. It was as good as the original part and fitted just as perfectly to the Sierra.
- The bumper cover featured a good coat of primer, which made matching its paint on the Sierra relatively easy and smooth. Although its primered black finish would have held up against harmful element, we preferred a slightly flatter shade. We used spray paint from an industry-trusted brand to match the color of the cover. It looks perfect and complements the Sierra well.
- Since the Sierra was equipped with fog lights, the bumper cover's provisions for supplementary design features made it more convenient for our team. The mounted fog light holes lined right up and didn't require further adjustments to fit our Sierra's fog lights.
- Installation was a bit difficult. Although this was partly due to the old part's dismounting, the plastic clips for the cover were tricky and hard to handle.
- Replacement mounting tabs and bolts were not included. We had to recycle the old hardware, which was already two to three years older than the part itself. Although the original tabs and bolts were still in good condition, it would have been nice to have new hardware to match the part's present quality.
- The part did not come with provisions for plate number and grilles.
The Replacement bumper cover is an aftermarket replacement that is stylish, durable, and affordable. One of the most appealing factors of this bumper cover is its OE-comparable fit. It can fit your car perfectly without the use of modifications and adjustments. It is also very easy to install and can almost always ensure a perfect fit. Although no other hardware is included with the part, it is understandable for an OE-comparable bumper cover that is priced significantly cheaper than other OEM brands.