Even small components can make a difference to the appearance of your vehicle. If you do not have a wrap-style bumper cover, then your car's front part will surely look incomplete without a bumper end on each side. This component is a separate part of your bumper cover, and it is installed on the left and right corner of the said cover in order to complete the look of your bumper. Aside from the fact that it has to be the exact appearance as the rest of your bumper, it also needs to be of the same material in order not to compromise the protective ability of your bumper. Cover that void at the corners of your vehicle by installing a replacement bumper end. But let us first see if this product will be as good as it looks.
- Made of plastic
- Original equipment replacement
- Carries a year of unlimited-mileage warranty
We tested this component on a Toyota 4Runner and a Volkswagen T25, and here is what we have to say:
- The component was solid and tough, which was not surprising because it was made of high-quality plastic.
- Once installed, the bumper end looked okay on the two vehicles. It was secure enough using the old nuts and bolts. We even tried to jar the installed unit to see if it would fall off--good that it did not.
- The component's primer was neatly done. The thickness of the component was even at all sides.
- The unit has a good price, given that it is made of plastic. In addition, it also comes with a good warranty.
- The product had a mounting hole at one side that we did not know what for (we thought later that it was perhaps for the parking aid sensor). We did not like it being there, and what was more annoying was that we did not have a way to patch it up without affecting the looks of the bumper.
- The product did not come with bolts and nuts that would have made the installation easier. Those fasteners would have also complemented the new bumper ends of each vehicle.
This replacement bumper end seems to be a competitive product side by side other plastic ones. It looks good, is priced fairly, and comes with a certain warranty. If you have a friend mechanic to remedy the hole on the unit, this would surely be a worthy buy. Make sure to have some help when you install it in order to have someone to share the frustrations with.