Road accidents do happen, no matter how much you try to keep your eyes on the road. Your astute driving skills can keep you safe, but the same cannot be said for other drivers on the road. This is why it's very important to have a buttress at the front or back of your vehicle to absorb the impact of collisions. We've heard about the Replacement bumper reinforcement, and we decided to test it on our Mazda 3. Here's what we discovered.
- Front location
- Made from steel
- Primered finish
- OE replacement
- Sold individually
- Comes with a one-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
What we liked
- The part was very easy to install. We were able to slide in the bumper reinforcement instantly, since we didn't have to drill in more holes, thanks to the properly spaced outlets. Moreover, reaming was not necessary, since this bumper reinforcement is already good as is. The installation, which can be carried on by anyone with basic car mechanics skills, was completed in 30 minutes.
- The headlight clips that come with the part are all metals and not plastic. They're sturdier, which helped in preventing the headlights from shaking while we're driving our vehicle.
- It's a lot less expensive than other bumper reinforcements we found online and at the dealerships. We saved a lot of dollars buying this part.
- The part is already primered, and that prevents it from oxidizing too soon. A coat of paint would give this bumper reinforcement a customized look.
- It comes with a one-year, unlimited-mileage warranty. This gives us peace of mind in knowing that the bumper reinforcement installed on our Mazda 3 can easily be fixed or replaced anytime within a year.
What we didn't like
- Although this bumper reinforcement is made from steel, it's not as thick as its OEM counterpart is. It might dent too quickly upon collision. However, it still offers sufficient protection.
Our final say
The Replacement bumper reinforcement is a cost-effective solution to protecting vehicles from damage due to collision. This vehicle buttress offers adequate protection to the front-end of your automobile. While it may lack the thickness found in other bumper reinforcements, this one is made from durable steel, which ensures long-lasting performance. In case the reinforcement suffers from dents or scratches, you can use the manufacturer's one-year, unlimited-mileage warranty to fix the part.