It may look like a small part of your car as compared its entire size. But without a good working door handle, you'll need a whole lot of luck to get yourself in and out of your car. Once your car suffers a broken door handle, don't take too long deciding on which one to buy. To help you with your shopping choice, we've installed a Replacement door handle on our 1997 Silverado for a review that will narrow down your replacement options.
- OE-comparable style and fit
- Comes with door lock button
- Made from durable plastic with a gray finish
- 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty included
- The Replacement door handle is of excellent replacement quality. It looked very sturdy and worked like new. Even after spending a few times opening and closing the Silverado's door, the door handle had a firm hold similar to the original part.
- It costs cheaper than a door handle purchased from dealers. The price was almost 1/2 of an OEM replacement door handle.
- When installed, the door handle looked exactly like the handle it replaced. Both the construction and material of the handle made it difficult to see the difference between the Silverado interior door handle and the newly-installed Replacement door handle.
- The OE-comparable style of the handle provided a good fit and it hardly require any adjustments once it was installed on the door panel.
- Although it had a relatively good fit, installation was still a bit tricky. The part did not come with any manual or installation directions, which made it difficult to get the door handle in to the door panel. We had to refer to a video online to get the part installed.
- The door lock that came with the handle failed to work correctly. It rubbed on the rest of the assembly. We also found it harder to unlock.
- Since the door handle only comes in gray, the color was a little off from the Silverado's door panel.
- The plastic material of the handle made us question the part's durability. Although the handle is still intact after 3 weeks of normal use, we found ourselves using the door opening handle with extreme gentleness just as an additional precaution.
For half the price, the Replacement door handle is a good option when you need a door handle as soon as possible. Its plastic construction can be a turn off at first. But after a few weeks you'll notice how it is sturdy enough to hold its own. It also has a good fit, which ensures the whole assembly stays put even after years of use. Overall, the Replacement door handle is the perfect replacement part for someone who is looking for an OEM quality handle at an affordable price.