If your car can't take the heat under its hood, something could be wrong with its fan clutch. A fan clutch, just like any other fan, is a device under your vehicle's hood that helps circulate air inside the engine compartment. But getting the right fan clutch on your car is not as simple as buying a desk fan for your room. So how would you know which fan clutch can effectively dissipate heat and create cool air? To find out, we installed a Replacement fan clutch on our 1993 BMW325i and took it out for a spin on normal highway traffic.
- OE-replacement fit
- Standard thermal design with clockwise rotation
- Bolts and washers included with the part
- Affordable with OE-comparable quality
- Sold individually
- Backed by a 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- While physically inspecting the part, we noticed that it looked exactly the same as the original part. It had almost the same quality as the fan clutch it was about to replace.
- The part's fit was also identical to the OEM part. It slid right in like a glove during the actual replacement process.
- We appreciated the fact that the Replacement fan clutch came with all the necessary hardware to completely install the part. The inclusion of the needed bolts and washers saved our team the inconvenience of buying new and compatible hardware, making the installation a bit easier for us.
- Before installation, our 1993 BMW325i suffered from sporadic heating problems. The addition of the Replacement fan clutch under its hood solved the BMW's overheating instantly.
- The overall installation of the part was tricky. But this could be due to our BMW's tight work area. Nevertheless, it was difficult to gain access to the part. However, once we got to the fan clutch, the rest of the installation went smoothly.
- Although the part came with installation instructions, it was very confusing and was of no help during replacement. It wasn't able to show how to install the fan or what were the proper torque specifications needed.
- A few months after, we checked up on the part to gauge its long term durability. We were a bit surprised to see that the part was already suffering from minor cracks and scratches.
The Replacement fan clutch is an affordable replacement part that has the qualities of an OEM part without the expensive price tag. It's OE comparable fit and features can provide your vehicle with ample cooling to prevent overheating problems. Ease of installation varies according to your vehicle's make and model. So before attempting to DIY the installation of this part, make sure you've researched on its proper vehicle-specific replacement.