So, you want to turn your daydream of driving down the boulevard with an aggressive grille on your vehicle's nose and a wide grin on your face a reality. That's great, but can a product like Replacement's grille assembly be worth your hard-earned money and all that time spent waiting for it to arrive on your door? Will taking off your busted old grille and installing this car part be a good thing or will you be left wishing you didn't do so at all? After all, a grille doesn't just add to your vehicle's looks, it also lets the air flow into the engine bay but keep road debris out. Well, we help you answer these questions by putting it on our own Chevrolet C1500. We took it for a spin and here's what we found out:
Replacement grille assembly features:
- sold individually
- assembly set includes grille and shell
- the shell is made of chrome-covered plastic
- the plastic insert is painted silver and black
- has an original equipment product fit
- has holes for two headlights and the emblem
- comes with a one-year unlimited mileage warranty with options for limited warranty extension plans
- We did some price comparisons and saw that it's one of the more budget-friendly options out in the market today. It's a fraction of the price of the OEM item.
- The product quickly arrived on our doorstep in good condition. We immediately opened the packaging and saw that it looked like the OE and that it was packed well.
- The whole removal and installation process took us about an hour using just the basic hand tools. It already has holes for the headlights and the emblem, so there was no need for cutting or drilling. We're estimating that the actual Replacement grille installation took about ten minutes after we applied the emblem.
- It immediately improved the appearance of our Chevy, especially since our truck recently bumped into a deer. The Replacement grille looked good and it fit well enough.
We didn't like...
- We're not as familiar with the Replacement brand as we are with other brands in the market today. While we waited for the set to arrive, we were a little bit skeptical about dealing with them.
- It doesn't have the actual emblem on the grille, just a space for it. We had to order the emblem and fasteners separately.
- The fit is good but it's not perfect. It doesn't look as good as it could be in some angles.
Although the Replacement brand is a bit of a mystery, we went bought the grille assembly anyway since it was extremely affordable and we needed a new grille. It was easy to install, but we had to buy other components to go with it. While it's not perfect, it still looks and fits well. We're glad that we could make our Chevy look as if it never hit anything in the first place.