Got into a vehicular collision and now your car's front end is all messed up? Well, that sucks. Aside from your grille and your front bumper, there's a good chance that your hood may have been affected by the impact as well. It may have become
curled up a bit as a result. That is of course ugly no matter what angle you look at it. And you don't want an ugly hood. Whether your hood is
curled up, corroded, dented, or just plain old-looking, you would want to get it fixed one way or another. After all, it's a sizable part of your vehicle's aesthetics (aside from protecting your engine). Yes, some hoods can still be salvaged. Others would have to be replaced, though. In the case of the latter, one of your options is to go for a Replacement hood. Let's see just how good that one is.
- OE replacement
- Made of galvanized steel
- Primered for improved durability
- Salt spray-tested for 500 to 1000 hours for corrosion resistance
- Comes with a one-year unlimited-mileage warranty
We installed the Replacement hood in our ride. Below are our thoughts on it:The Good
- Well, it's quite the looker, to say the least. Its accented grooves complemented the overall appearance of our ride.
- Its installation is fairly simple. You'll need the help of a buddy, though (which is a pretty much a norm regardless of the hood's brand).
- The product feels very sturdy. It doesn't look like we'll need a Replacement hood anytime soon (after all, it's both primered and salt spray-tested for countless hours). By the looks of it, it can last the entire service life of our vehicle.
- Yes, it's pricey. However, keep in mind that most aftermarket hoods are practically in the same price range, anyway. In fact, hoods by Replacement are some of the more affordable (although not by a lot) ones around.
- You must be thinking that the product's warranty shouldn't be mentioned here since it has an unlimited-mileage clause, after all. However, that bit becomes practically wasted since the warranty is only good for a year. It certainly could have been a bit longer.
As said earlier, it's durable, it looks great, it fits nicely, and its installation won't give you much trouble. Simply put, the Replacement hood is a very good product--it's definitely worth your hard-earned buck. It may be the new hood that you're looking for.