What is a spark plug without a spark? Then it's a spark plug without an ignition coil. This part is responsible for creating the voltage necessary for spark plugs to work. To find out which ignition coil will give you efficient performance to solve your misfiring engine, we've installed a Replacement ignition coil on our 93 Grand Am and had it tested on the road.
- Meet OE specifications for fit and function
- Standard type with coil pack design
- Male wire attachment style
- Includes 1 ignition coil per 2 cylinders - 12 volts, stud-type, and 2-prong male terminal
- Backed by a 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- This part was excellent during installation. It fitted the Grand Am perfectly without any need for modification. Our team installed this ignition coil in a snap.
- The Replacement ignition coil was one of the cheaper coils out there in the market. But it was far from working like a cheap auto part knock off. It was well-built and made from high-quality materials. It's a good replacement as far as quality goes.
- After installing the part, we had the Grand Am out on the streets for testing. The engine ran smooth like it was supposed to. It had an instant start, even during colder months. Its quick response and smooth idle proved the Replacement ignition coil's compatibility with the our vehicle's system.
- Although the part itself fitted just like the original part, its electrical connection was a different story. Our team was unable to get to harness to click into place no matter how much force we applied. We simply had to make do with zip tying the electrical connection in place.
- Since the part is individually sold, replacing the entire system would be too costly. We would have appreciated an option to purchase the part as a set.
The Replacement ignition coil is recommended for drivers who want the performance of an OE replacement with the price of a cheap aftermarket. Right from its fit down to its performance, this ignition coil provides optimal efficiency similar to an OEM replacement. But its most appealing factor is its inexpensive price tag. Although the part can be a bit difficult to install due to its electrical connections, with some help from an experienced electrician, this part is worth trying.