Our Dodge Ram 1500 requires a lot from its V8, so we're not surprised that the engine relies heavily on our radiator to keep it from overheating. However, our overworked original equipment recently succumbed to the coolant's corrosion of its inside. When we saw the small green puddle on our garage floor, we immediately went looking for a new part. The Replacement brand often came up while we were searching online, so we decided to buy one of its radiators. Would we recommend it to other people who are in the same situation? Well, we should consider the facts first:
Replacement radiator features:
- brand new OE replacement product that's sold individually
- made out of a plastic tank with an aluminum core in one row with a natural finish
- has a 1.5-inch inlet located on the top left and a 1.75-inch outlet located at the bottom right
- does not include the engine oil cooler and the transmission fluid cooler material
- comes with a one-year unlimited-mileage warranty
- When we first saw these radiators online, we were pleasantly surprised about its extremely affordable price. We asked our local car parts store for their price and they quoted an amount that was 100 bucks more.
- We could easily track the shipping path from California to our doorstep.
- We opened the packaging and we were very happy to see it was in good condition. The radiator was really new and it didn't have any damages.
- Installing the new radiator was easy and we didn't encounter any major problems. We removed our old radiator and compared the two products side by side. We saw that they had exactly the same dimensions so we reused all the old screws and just dropped it into place.
- It fits very well and there aren't any leaks. It runs fine and our engine is no longer in any danger of overheating.
- While we can understand why this radiator doesn't come with cooling fluids, we were saddened that it didn't have the bolts and other stock fasteners needed to install this in place. We had to reuse the ones from our old radiator.
- We had to track the shipping because this part came a little bit late.
Considering all of these things, we'd recommend getting Replacement radiators to someone who wants to maintain or restore their autos to OE-quality. If you want to get a good product at an extremely affordable price, then you would definitely be happy with this part.