Radiator fans don't stalk power plants and they don't go around cheering the white coils by the windows of various homes. A radiator fan actually helps maintain a constantly cool temperature for your engine. It dissipates the heat that forms during the combustion process by spinning its blades rapidly. So, when your encounters a problem that calls for a replacement, you need to get one as soon as possible to prevent your engine from overheating. We recently encountered this little dilemma ourselves on our Chevrolet Blazer. So, we decided to search online for the solution. We found the Replacement brand and decided to give it a try. Here's what we have to say about the experience:
Replacement radiator fan features:
- Dual fan type original equipment replacement
- Assembly comes with two sets of five black blades
- Includes a shroud and a new motor
- Sold individually with a one-year unlimited mileage warranty
- When we first saw the price, we were surprised that it was for an entire radiator fan assembly and not just for one of its components. We decided to try it out because if we were successful, we would be saving a few hundred dollars instead of wasting them.
- It looks identical to the original equipment and we can't imagine much of a difference between this and the other aftermarket products out there in terms of appearance.
- The fit was great because it bolted exactly in place. The installation itself went quite well even if we had to remove a couple of hoses from the radiator.
- So far so good. We can see that this Replacement radiator fan functions as well as the stock part did before it broke.
We didn't like...
- When we first saw this fan, we thought it would be a rip off because the price was so low and yet the brand isn't that familiar to us.
- Although we could track our shipping easily, we found that it took almost a week before it got to our doorstep.
- The electrical connector wasn't secured properly. We had to fix that before installing the fan.
- It's slightly noisier than the OE.
We're glad we didn't pay an arm and a leg for this product, because it took a while to get here and the electrical connector wasn't properly secured. But, we're even more glad that this product is actually a good original equipment replacement that works and fits very well. We can recommend Replacement's radiator fans with a smile now, since we know they work well.