When it's too dark on the streets and your car's sides can't be seen, its side marker lights are what keeps the car visible. That is why aside from looking cool on the vehicle's interior, its side markers should be bright enough to be seen by drivers and bystanders from afar. To find out which side marker lights can give this kind of performance, we installed a Replacement side marker, an online bestseller, on our Lexus RX300 and rated it according to factors such as performance and quality.
- OE-comparable fit
- Amber-colored, plastic lens
- Bulbs included
- Sold individually
- Meets DOT and SAE standards
- Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- The Replacement side marker looked almost identical to the part it replaced. Upon visual inspection, we were impressed with its durable construction and flawless similarity to the original equipment. Its OE-style design made it look like that original side marker wasn't even replaced.
- We appreciated the longer wires that came with the part. It made it easier to modify the electrical connections of the lighting assembly. We didn't have to buy additional connections and rewire the whole assembly just to make it work. We simply cut the wires at right length and installed it correctly.
- Once we had the part installed, it looked and worked better than the stock part. It gave our Lexus a subtle style upgrade while providing the right amount of brightness fit for a side marker.
- The part's considerably lower price tag was one of its biggest advantages. It was cheaper than most brands, but it still had a quality that could rival its competitors.
- The part's installation was difficult due to the incorrect fit. We had to modify the part when it kept falling off the assembly. This could be because of how the Lexus RX300 is designed. We installed a different Replacement side marker on another car model and it fitted perfectly.
- The part only comes in amber. We would have preferred if it also came in red, so we could install it on the rear of our vehicle.
The Replacement side marker is a good OE-comparable part that can provide your vehicle with quality lighting at half the price. Aside from being relatively cheaper than most brands of automotive lighting products, this side marker can also improve the look of your car through its subtle addition of sleekness. Be wary of installing the part though. It often requires modification and the expertise of a skilled mechanic. But overall if you're looking for an OE-comparably quality part without the expensive price tag, the Replacement side marker is the way to go.