Although it is named as such, a car's splash shield is more than just simple protection from "splashes" of water. It also protects and strengthens your car's defense against harder, more solid, matter such as asphalt debris and small pebbles. So because of its protective use, the most important feature of a splash shield is its durability. But how would you know if a splash shield is durable enough to withstand highway driving? To find out, we installed a Replacement splash shield on our 2012 Equinox and had it go through the rigorous test of being on the road.
- OE-replacement fit and style
- Made from heavy-duty, high-quality plastic
- Sold individually
- Backed by a 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- Even with the Equinox's novelty, the Replacement splash shield matched the vehicle perfectly. Its OE-style design was very impressive as it did not mess up the overall look of the car nor did it stand out too much that it gave the part an overbearing presence.
- We were also impressed with the high-caliber construction of the part. It was made of a nice, flexible plastic, which we saw as a good indication of its durability.
- The part fitted perfectly like a glove, which made installation relatively easy. Our team didn't experience any kind of issues during replacement.
- We appreciated the fact that the splash shield came with all the needed mounting screws to complete the replacement. We didn't have to spend more than we had to during installation.
- A few months after installation, we noticed that the splash shield added protection to the Equinox. We observed a dramatic decrease in road grime and debris.
- The part also provided added protection to our vehicle's paint job. It kept dirt and road debris at bay, keeping our vehicle's exterior flawless.
- Although installation can be considered hassle-free, we did have to take off the rear wheels to attach the part. We also had to drill three holes for each splash shield because we did not have any screws on the trim of the car.
- When seen from a far, the splash shield looked exactly like an OEM. However, up close we could tell that it was made of cheaper materials. However, quality of its construction added sophistication to the part's substandard composition.
- Since the shields are only available in black, we weren't able to match its color with the rest of the Equinox's body. However, its sleek finish was enough to make it a complimentary addition to its exterior.
The Replacement splash shield is a heavy-duty part that can add protection to your car's exterior from harmful elements on the road. Its flexible and durable construction allows for both easy installation and sturdy fit. Aside from its protective features, this splash shield is also a good addition to your vehicle's aesthetics. It can upgrade the look of your car without having to spend too much on it. Overall, this replacement part is a good investment that can keep any vehicle well-protected and well-designed.