Cranking up the engine by hand is now an obsolete task thanks to the way vehicles are designed. Today, all you need to fire up your machine is a little starter found near the transmission. It completes the circuit between that lets a current pass from the battery to the engine. But, when this car component stops working, you will also find it impossible to start up your engine. You might find yourself stranded on the highway or grounded at home. If you want to remedy this situation quickly, you will need to find a replacement without being able to drive around and actually hunt one down. You could do so by scanning through the phonebook and calling up every mechanic and dealership in town to ask about their starters. Or, you could do so by logging onto the internet and searching for your new starter there. If you do so, you would definitely encounter the Replacement brand and its starter.
Replacement starter features:
- A brand new original equipment replacement with a factory finish
- Has a teeth quantity of 11 and power output of 1.6 KW
- Rotates clockwise
- Sold individually with a one-year unlimited-mileage warranty
We encountered this product ourselves while we were searching for a new starter for our 1999 Pontiac Bonneville sedan. Here's what we have to say about it:
- The price was cheap compared to other brands, so we defintiely saved some cash.
- We're glad that it isn't a remanufactured product.
- We've had this new starter installed in our car for a month now and we've encountered no problems. It fires up the Pontiac at the first hit of the switch.
We didn't like...
- We didn't know much about this brand.
- It isn't much to look at and no effort has been made to make it more pleasing to the eye.
- We were mistaken in anticipating an easy installation. While we didn't think the old starter would take so long to remove, we also found ourselves fumbling with putting the new one in.
This starter will not win your heart because it looks pretty, but its price makes it especially attractive especially if you're looking to save a few bucks. Prepare for a long installation and you'll find yourself enjoying having a good replacement starter that fires up your engine on the first try.