If you own a Chevy pickup, you'll know that you'll have to change your window regulator as often as you change your engine oil. It's a costly maintenance. So if you want a good-quality window regulator without spending a lot, you need a replacement part that is just as good as the stock. To find out which window regulator will give you that OE-comparable quality, we've installed a Replacement power window regulator on our 2001 Chevy Silverado and had it tested for fit, form, and function.
- OE-comparable structural configuration
- Comes complete with a power motor as well as connectors and drive gears
- Designed for long service life
- Fits OE-specifications for easy installation
- Backed by a 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- It works just like an OEM part should. The window operates like new again right after installation.
- The Replacement window regulator looks solidly built. Although it had a slightly different design as the stock part, it fit the vehicle like a glove.
- The all-in-one setup of the power motor and cables made the replacement hassle-free. Since purchasing the motor separately would entail dealing with factors such as compatibility and difficult setups, having these parts come with the regulator is very convenient. It saved us time, and it reduced the cost of replacement.
- Installation was a bit tricky. It also didn't help that there are no installation manual or directions were provided with the product.
- Although the rest of the regulator was a direct fit, the mounting hooks wouldn't align with the regulator's holes. We had to make a few adjustments to the hook to be able to hang the regulator correctly.
- We noticed that the motor was a bit noisy during our first testing. However, a few weeks after normal use, the noise was brought down to a faint, bearable murmur.
The Replacement window regulator is an affordable alternative to an OEM replacement part. Although its quality may not be up to par with the stock part, it works just as well at half the price. You might spend a little more time on installation, though, but once it's set-up inside the door frame, you'll have very little problem finishing the installation. Overall, the Replacement window regulator is a good-quality replacement at half the price.