Rough ride and front-end shimmy are only two things that you do not want your car to have. These issues are attributed to a problematic suspension system, and two very important parts of which are your shock absorbers and strut assembly. These components help your vehicle interact better with the road, so having these components in a good condition will make your ride comfortable. Your vehicle will suffer from poor suspension problems if you do not check these parts every year. Also, replacing some of the wearable components with products from Sachs will ensure a regularly smooth ride. Let us see if a shock absorber and strut assembly from Sachs will make your car bounceless.
- With a twin-tube design
- Original equipment replacement
- With non-adjustable damping
- Made of high-quality metal
- Comes with a 12-month or 12,000-mile Sachs limited warranty
We tested this component on a Porsche Panamera and an Alfa Romeo Giulia, and here is what we have to say:
- We were able to install the components without any considerable problem. The shock absorbers and strut assembly fit directly where the old ones from the Panamera and the Giulia were taken.
- The components were well-constructed. We actually checked the shock absorbers by shaking them to hear if the fluid inside would shake or if there were any loose parts from the inside. We also pushed the rod down against the floor to see if the piston would collapse and return to full length. In the two tests that we conducted, we saw that the inside fluid was contained well and the piston held the collapsed position long enough.
- During the thirty-minute ride with each vehicle, we noticed a considerable reduction in body roll. The two vehicles handled the cornering better than before the new components were installed.
- The ground clearance of the Panamera and the Giulia increased by a few inches, and the front and rear of the vehicles looked level to the ground.
- The component did not come with a bracket that would make it easier to mount the ABS sensor and the brake line.
- These products belong to the expensive side of the price spectrum. In fact, some units are even twice as much as those from other brands.
These shock absorbers and strut assembly performed what they were expected to do, which was to improve the handling of both cars. On that department, they did well, but the price tag that these parts carry will definitely make you think twice. If cost is not an issue to you, then having these products will surely be beneficial for your ride.