Your car's air conditioning system relies on various parts to bring you cold air as you drive or idle. One of these components is the A/C compressor, which serves as the heart of the air conditioning system. This belt-drive pump compresses and transfers the refrigerant used in vehicles, producing cool air as a result. Although it's built to last long, your car's A/C compressor may still get worn or damaged over time. When this happens, it's important to install a high-quality replacement A/C compressor. To help you in choosing which brand to rely on, here's what we think about the Spectra A/C compressor:
Spectra Premium A/C compressor features:
- Sold individually
- Offered in a natural finish
- Comes with a clutch
- Available as a direct fit product
- Comes with seven grooves on pulley
- Uses 5/8 in. standard port holes
- 100% factory run tested and endurance tested using simulator
- Manufactured under QS-9000, ISO 9002-certified quality systems
- Precisely packaged for product quality and installation
Upon trying the Spectra Premium A/C compressor on our 2012 Toyota Prius, we noticed the following ups and downs:
- It can be installed using only a few inexpensive tools, giving you a hassle-free installation.
- You can immediately feel cool air coming from your air conditioning system during the first few minutes.
- This A/C compressor's natural finish gives it a clean and neat appearance.
- It's consistent in providing cool air all throughout the drive.
- It doesn't break or get damaged easily; it didn't show any signs of damage even after our test drive.
- You don't have to worry about getting a new clutch to go with this A/C compressor, since it already includes one in the package.
- It's much cheaper than other brands such as AC Delco, Motorcraft, and Crown.
- Although one year isn't that bad, its warranty would be better if it's extended to more than one year.
- It comes in a natural finish only, so those who want a primered finish or another finish will have to deal with it.
For superior cooling performance, you can put your trust on the Spectra Premium A/C compressor. It offers consistent cooling for your car and doesn't wear as fast as regular ones. Aside from easy installation, you also save a few bucks, since it's a lot cheaper than other A/C compressor brands. So if you're on the hunt for a component that's durable and affordable, then we suggest you try the Spectra Premium A/C compressor.