Spectra Fuel Tank
You aren't the only one in the world who has undergone stress. Your vehicle's fuel tank actually shows white lines, a pulled filler cap pin, and other signs of weakening because it also faces stress because of everyday wear and tear. Regular activities, like driving over rough areas and roads bumps, may eventually crack the tank's exterior, causing a leak. When this occurs you will have to replace this important part, otherwise the diesel or gasoline that you're paying for will waste away. Now, there are two ways of looking for a replacement trunk: you can either drive around and ask your local dealers about a new one, or you can go online and do your search there. We did the latter to save ourselves and our car's tank undue stress. Here's what we have to say about one of the products we found:
Spectra fuel tank features:
- Steel tank with a silver finish
- Capable of holding 20 gallons of gasoline or diesel
- Original equipment replacement
- Includes a lock ring
- Does not come with a seal
- Sold individually with a three-year Spectra limited warranty
- The price was quite low, it saved us a lot of dollars.
- Upon opening the package, we saw that it was exactly what we asked for.
- We're pleased to note that the product didn't come from China but was made in North America.
- The tank bolted right in and it looked like a really good replacement for the original equipment. We didn't need to exert a lot of effort while installing the product.
- So far, so good. We haven't seen any leaks and corroded areas the last time we checked under the car.
We didn't like...
- We were wondering if the tank should be painted or given some sort of protection.
- We needed to purchase longer strap bolts because the ones that came with the product were meant for a smaller gallon capacity.
- The tank wasn't designed with a drain plug bung.
If you're looking for a replacement fuel tank that doesn't break the bank, then this product from Spectra could be the one for you. Ours came with the bare minimum but that was exactly the part we needed. We were pleased with how it fits. And most of all, we're not stressed about this fuel tank because we're quite confident that it will last us a long while.