Optimum power, economy, and drivability--these are the three things that will surely make you a happy car driver. But achieving these three things will not be possible if you will stay using your vehicle the way it is. Instead, you have to use a power programmer, which is a performance-tuning component that changes how your vehicle behaves. With a power programmer, you will be able to tune your transmission settings, program your car's performance, adjust your speed and RPM limiters, configure your speedometer, and understand diagnostic trouble codes better. In short, you will have a car that performs like how you dream it. Let us see if a Superchips Cortex power programmer will transform your car into a beast.
- With sleek and innovative design
- Logs performance times and speeds
- With a diagnostic library for retrieving, displaying, and clearing trouble codes
- Displays and stores PID data
- Hand-held component
- Updatable to the latest calibrations via the Internet
- Has three tuning options
- With a year of Superchips limited warranty
- 50-state legal for gas applications; not legal for states adopting California Emissions Standards
We tested this component on a Chevrolet Camaro SS with a 6.2L V8 and six-speed automatic transmission. Here is what we have to say:
- The component installed hassle-free in minutes. We were able to test right away if the power programmer was really able to log performance data and do other things it promised. It did.
- We programmed the Camaro SS to the premium fuel tuning and best shift points in order to see if there would be a considerable performance improvement. The vehicle ran with additional 20 horsepower and 25 foot-pounds of torque.
- The three tuning options were really helpful when a specific kind of performance was required. First, we tried to increase our fuel mileage by setting the programmer for fuel economy. Then we did another calibration for drivability by tuning the transmission, then we did the same to enhance the Camaro's power. This Cortex power programmer was really a good product that allowed customization for whatever performance you would desire for your car.
- It could have been better if the display was in full color and the screen allowed touch operation.
- This product is more on the expensive range, and it also carries only a year of limited warranty compared with the lifetime limited warranty provided by other competitors.
Based from our experiment, the Camaro SS really performed better in terms of torque, horsepower, and drivability. From that, we can say that the product really did its job. But if you are considering price and warranty as well, then perhaps this product is only in the middle pick. You just have to try it and see its value for yourself.