When you go out without an umbrella and it suddenly rains, your first impulse would be to look for cover. But your pick-up would not be able to do the same without your help--unless you have a good kind of tonneau cover for it. This accessory just expands the list of cargo you can carry on your truck bed. When you install a tonneau cover, you would also be able to transport rain-sensitive cargo, and the restrictive effect of rain suddenly becomes a thing of the past. Of course, this cover also protects your cargo from thieves. There are several benefits you can get from installing even a simple tonneau cover. But if you want something better, opt for one that has an easy and modern fastening system and can be installed without help. There are a lot of brands to choose out there, but one that can be worth your try is Truxedo. Before buying its Truxport product, let us first put the unit to the test.
- Soft type
- For standard bed length of 6 feet and 6 inches
- Made of vinyl
- Without a cargo management system
- Roll-up tonneau cover
- With aluminum rail
- Carries a five-year Truxedo limited warranty
We tested this component on a 2005 Toyota Tundra and a 2007 Dodge Ram, and here is what we have to say:
- The unit looked awesome. It was made of high-quality vinyl that would really dress up the back of the truck well. It had a good fit of the bed, the aluminum rail was perfectly straight, and the roll-up function was flawless.
- Absolutely straightforward--that was how we could describe the installation of the product. It took us only one and twenty minutes in total to have everything set on the Tundra and the Ram.
- When we drove the two vehicles on the highway, we were satisfied that the covers did not interfere with their speed. Aerodynamic drag was nonexistent. Also, the covers did not make any noise, for they seemed to withstand tough wind.
- Since we tested the units on a dry day, we just opted to use a hose to spray water on the covers. They prevented water from leaking into the bed of the Tundra and the Ram.
- This Truxport tonneau cover covered the stake holes on the truck bed once installed, making these holes inaccessible for use. In case we needed to have bed rails for the truck, we would have difficulty using them together with the tonneau cover.
- The unit had a manual tension control. It was not a big issue, but we would have wanted to experience an automatic means of tightening the fit of the cover in order to help with aerodynamics.
This product is the more economic one from Truxedo and is very competitive in terms of price when put side by side other brands. The issues are just minor ones and can be disregarded if you only happen to want something that would protect your cargo from rain. Definitely, this product is a worthy buy.