Ventshade Bug Shield Performance
You've got a great looking vehicle, at least when it's not bug season, because when the bugs come out in force, you end up with a windshield that looks like a battle zone. A bug covered windshield looks awful, impairs your visibility, and it's really gross, both to look at and to clean up. You've got to have a genuine Ventshade Bug Shield, because this company, as usual, will come through with a high quality part that will be precision manufactured and CAD engineered to exactly fit the c...ontour of your vehicle. Most of the bug shields out there are just a flat wall, which causes aerodynamic problems, and while you may have tough, no-nonsense styling, depending on your vehicle, that doesn't mean you want it to look ugly. They've got a part that fits your truck, SUV, or regular passenger car, and you get a tough part, typically in discreet smoke finish, but you can get a camo shield, or even chrome. A Ventshade Bug Shield changes the air flow pattern, so that rather than hitting your hood and windshield, the bugs just harmlessly sweep over your car. You look better and the bugs survive your passing, so this is a win-win situation for human and bug. Customers definitely deserve world-class technical support while buying good quality parts for their car or truck. So of course we've established a round-the-clock sales support call bureau to answer your needs. Nobody likes to pay for shipping, so you get totally free shipping for every order at least $50. If you spot a lower price elsewhere, tell us - we will meet or beat any price advertised elsewhere.
Personally, we never liked removing bugs from our windshield. In fact, we hated this part of our daily car cleaning process because there's something about their sticky dead bodies that's just repulsive. That's why we jumped on the chance to use a bug shield on our 1998 Chevy Cheyenne and give our thoughts on the product. Here's what we have to say about the Ventshade Bugflector:
Ventshade bug shield features:
- Wrap-around type bug deflector made out of acrylic with a smoked finish
- Direct fit product that attaches with automotive-grade tape
- Sold individually with a lifetime Ventshade limited warranty
- Immediately out of the box, we could tell that this was a high-quality produt. We could tell that its slick and shiny look will complement our pickup's appearance just fine.
- The product obviously tries to make installation a breeze. It came with a little alcohol patch that we could clean the hood with. It also had screws provided for the holes.
- It has been protecting our pickup from more than just bugs. We've seen a reduction in the amount of tiny debris that we had to clean from our windshield as well.
- We could still clean and wax the hood easily even with the bug shield installed.
- It survived several trips to the car wash. We think that it could last on our Cheyenne and give us many years of protection from bugs.
We didn't like...
- The holes on the bug shield did not match the ones on our Cheyenne. We had to spend a few minutes drilling in new holes.
- It took two people to install this bug shield since we wanted to make sure that it lined up perfectly on our hood.
While we appreciate the effort in making installation easy, especially for first-time users like ourselves, we found that we still needed to do some drilling ourselves. Despite this minor glitch, we like Ventshade's bug shield overall. It certainly keeps those disgusting critters away while looking good on our hood. We're quite happy to do our daily cleaning and waxing ritual now, especially since we don't have to deal with those tiny bodies and their dried-up juices.
- Ventshade Adhesive Tape
- Ventshade Air Dam
- Ventshade Air Deflector
- Ventshade Body Kit
- Ventshade Door Handle Cover
- Ventshade Door Sill
- Ventshade Door Sill Protector
- Ventshade Fender Flares
- Ventshade Fender Protectors
- Ventshade Fender Vents
- Ventshade Fuel Door Cover
- Ventshade Fuel Door Graphics
- Ventshade Headlight Bezel
- Ventshade Headlight Cover
- Ventshade Headlight Trim
- Ventshade Hood Scoop
- Ventshade Hood Vents
- Ventshade Mirror Cover
- Ventshade Rear Valance
- Ventshade Roof Scoop