Walker Catalytic Converter Replacement
The catalytic converter prevents your vehicle from becoming a total pollution machine. This "magical hot box" is responsible for converting the harmful gases into their less detrimental forms before they are released into the air. It is expected to last for the duration of the vehicle's existence. However, maintaining your road surfer's environment-friendly status is a really exhausting job. Over time, the catalytic converter may develop internal problems or external damage, which can lead to its inevitable breakdown. You'd better not drive a vehicle with a damaged cat converter. If you want to avoid getting a police ticket and if you don't want to get a horrible "F" on your emissions test, go grab a new catalytic converter for your vehicle. Finding the right one for your ride is actually easy since you are required to get the exact same unit as a replacement. Let's find out if the Walker catalytic converter is a perfect match.
Walker catalytic converter features
- Walker Ultra Series
- Three-way catalyst style
- Tube and case are made from superior-quality stainless steel
- OE replacement
- Equipped with a welded flange inlet and outlet
- Has a higher loaded substrate
- Features a round body and has an overall length of 40.13 inches
- Has a single configuration for the inlet and outlet
- Available as a standard assembly with one catalytic converter, a single inlet, and a single outlet
- 49-state legal (not for street use in California)
- Comes in natural finish
- Carries a five-year or 50,000-mile limited warranty from Walker
We equipped our 2006 Honda CR-V with a Walker catalytic converter, and here's what we have to say:
- The Walker catalytic converter's OE feature ensured a quick and hassle-free installation.
- Its stainless steel material for the tube and casing is very ideal since it is highly resistant to rust and corrosion. It also works well even in high temperatures, and it was able to handle our Honda CR-V's challenging routine.
- There were no vibrations and harsh noises all throughout the testing period, and the converting efficiency was really high.
- Its three-way catalyst style is more meticulous than other cat converter types. It converts not only the hydrocarbons and carbons but also the nitrogen emissions.
- There were significant improvements in torque, horsepower, acceleration, and throttle response. It also increased our Honda C-RV's fuel efficiency by 8%.
- The Walker catalytic converter is absolutely cheaper than other brands'. Our CR-V got the same quality for less bucks.
- Its natural finish is not really that attractive compared to the other cat converters with chrome plating and whatnot.
- The five-year or 50,000-mile warranty period is relatively short for catalytic converters. A lifetime limited warranty would have been great.
Our final say
After six weeks of rigorous testing and observations, we can safely conclude that Walker catalytic converter is a good replacement for a broken stock. Our Honda CR-V has been enjoying cleaner emissions since day 1, and the gas mileage increased considerably. The installation was done in a jiffy, thanks to the easy bolt-on feature of the cat converter. We also enjoyed all the features and benefits of a world-class exhaust component at a very affordable price.
Although we are not satisfied with the warranty period and the overall appearance of the unit, we still think that purchasing the Walker catalytic converter is one of the best decisions we ever made for our CR-V.
- Walker Balance Pipe
- Walker Center Muffler
- Walker Connecting Pipe
- Walker Connecting Sleeve
- Walker Exhaust Bolt
- Walker Exhaust Clamp
- Walker Exhaust Flange
- Walker Exhaust Gasket
- Walker Exhaust Hardware
- Walker Exhaust Heat Shield
- Walker Exhaust Mount
- Walker Exhaust Pipe
- Walker Exhaust Spring
- Walker Extension Pipe
- Walker Header Pipe
- Walker Intake Tube
- Walker Intermediate Pipe
- Walker Muffler
- Walker Muffler Hanger Strap
- Walker Muffler Strap