A good muffler is essential to maintaining the optimum performance of your vehicle's exhaust system. When your car starts producing loud, howling noises or when it turns into this big pollution machine that emits large amounts of billowing smoke, there is a high probability that your muffler is broken. Before you fail the emissions test in your state and before you get a police ticket for violating the Clean Air Act, you should get a new muffler for your vehicle. There are many muffler brands and types available in the market today, which is why choosing the right one for your car will be very challenging. Walker is one of the most popular brands that manufacture top-notch exhaust system parts. Let's check if the famed Walker muffler is a good replacement candidate.
Walker muffler features
- Made of aluminized steel
- OE replacement
- Features a clamp-on attachment style
- Has a perforated internal construction
- Features a single offset inlet and center outlet configuration
- Has an oval body shape with a 1.75-inch inlet diameter and a 1.88-inch outlet diameter
- Comes in natural finish
- Produces OE-comparable sound
- Carries a 90-day limited warranty from Walker
We equipped our Chevy Cruze with a Walker muffler, and here are our comments:
- The aluminized steel material is considerably durable that it can withstand low to moderate levels of impact without developing dents or cracks.
- Its OE product fit and clamp-on attachment style made the installation easier. The process will take only about an hour or less for expert DIYers.
- The natural finish of the muffler's body provides instant upgrade to the vehicle's appearance.
- The muffler's ability to dampen the noise produced by the exhaust system is superb. The resulting sound is also very similar to the sound released by the stock muffler.
- The price of a Walker muffler is relatively cheaper compared to other leading muffler brands.
- Although it is highly resistant to dents and cracks, the aluminized steel material is vulnerable to rust accumulation and corrosion.
- The 90-day warranty period is also a downer because other brands offer longer warranty coverage.
Walker muffler proves to be an ideal choice in terms of appearance and quality. Its ability to reduce noise coming from our Chevy Cruze's exhaust system matched and even exceeded the dampening quality of the stock muffler. The shiny silver finish also made a significant improvement in the appearance of our road surfer's rear portion. The unit's hassle-free installation was a huge plus since most of the replacement mufflers we've tried required minor modifications before it could fit the vehicle.
The tendency of the muffler to accumulate rust over time can be solved through regular cleaning and maintenance. Although the warranty coverage is short, a Walker muffler can still guarantee a long service life.
- Walker Balance Pipe
- Walker Catalytic Converter
- Walker Center Muffler
- Walker Connecting Pipe
- Walker Connecting Sleeve
- Walker Exhaust Bolt
- Walker Exhaust Clamp
- Walker Exhaust Flange
- Walker Exhaust Gasket
- Walker Exhaust Hardware
- Walker Exhaust Heat Shield
- Walker Exhaust Mount
- Walker Exhaust Pipe
- Walker Exhaust Spring
- Walker Extension Pipe
- Walker Header Pipe
- Walker Intake Tube
- Walker Intermediate Pipe
- Walker Muffler Hanger Strap
- Walker Muffler Strap