Those few raindrops that come into your car whenever you roll your windows down can turn into a big problem. Musty odors, electrical problems, mould, and contamination are some of the things you will need to deal with if you don't get vent visors to protect your car's interiors. Like you, we recently went searching for side window deflectors when we came across the Weathertech brand. Will we recommend it or will we ask you to avoid it? Here's what we have to say about the experience:
Weathertech vent visor features:
- Four pieces of direct-fit side window vent visors
- Meant to be installed in-channel at the front and rear of various car models
- Made out of acrylic with a light smoke finish
- Comes with a three-year Weathertech limited warranty
- The in-channel mounting gives it a factory appearance that did not distract from the good looks of our Ford Focus.
- It rained on the day that we installed them on our car. These products still worked and they worked quite well.
- We used to have a constant problem with the rain coming in while we drove, even when the windows were shut as tightly as possible. These vent visors seemed to solve the problem.
- They fit well, even with a slightly damaged tab.
- With these babies installed, we could leave the car with the windows cracked slightly open on a hot day to help provide some airflow.
- The price seemed a bit steep for us.
- We encountered some difficulties during the installation. A part of driver's side vent--the insert tab's upper rear corner--snapped off because we needed to use force. The other three vents also needed some persuading to get them in.
- Despite what the product claims, we still heard wind noise coming from the windows. We had to fix this with some double-sided tape.
Despite its price tag, this product was a little hard to install and it did not stop the wind noise completely. However, we do think it's excellent as a deflector of rain water and we're quite pleased with how it looks on our car. Do be on the lookout for Weathertech vent visor If you're on the hunt for a good product to prevent the musty smell, contamination, electrical problems, and other problems caused by pooled rainwater inside your cabin. We're certainly not regretting our purchase.