Weathertech Vent Visor Performance
There are times when having fresh air inside your vehicle is almost necessary. Rolling down your window to get that fresh air is great, but then you must deal with the natural elements outside. What if it is raining, snowing, or even sleeting? It is possible to get fresh air and keep the elements out of your vehicle at the same time by installing a Weathertech vent visor. This more practical accessory also allows protection while slightly opening the windows to keep your interior cooler in a hot... parking lot. By using the visor, a brake in is not possible because there is not enough access through the cracked window. The vent visor denies that access, and cracking your windows when it is hot helps to avoid damaging heat buildup. Weathertech vent visors are intended to be installed over every side window. The exact number that you will need to install depends on what type of vehicle you have. These visors are made of a tough acrylic and do not easily chip or break. The lip of the visor is made to fit from the leading edge to the top edge of each side window. The smoky color of the visors adds a sleek and stylish look to the look of your window molding. Go ahead and get fresh air as well as keep out the elements at the same time by using Weathertech vent visors today.
Those few raindrops that come into your car whenever you roll your windows down can turn into a big problem. Musty odors, electrical problems, mould, and contamination are some of the things you will need to deal with if you don't get vent visors to protect your car's interiors. Like you, we recently went searching for side window deflectors when we came across the Weathertech brand. Will we recommend it or will we ask you to avoid it? Here's what we have to say about the experience:
Weathertech vent visor features:
- Four pieces of direct-fit side window vent visors
- Meant to be installed in-channel at the front and rear of various car models
- Made out of acrylic with a light smoke finish
- Comes with a three-year Weathertech limited warranty
- The in-channel mounting gives it a factory appearance that did not distract from the good looks of our Ford Focus.
- It rained on the day that we installed them on our car. These products still worked and they worked quite well.
- We used to have a constant problem with the rain coming in while we drove, even when the windows were shut as tightly as possible. These vent visors seemed to solve the problem.
- They fit well, even with a slightly damaged tab.
- With these babies installed, we could leave the car with the windows cracked slightly open on a hot day to help provide some airflow.
- The price seemed a bit steep for us.
- We encountered some difficulties during the installation. A part of driver's side vent--the insert tab's upper rear corner--snapped off because we needed to use force. The other three vents also needed some persuading to get them in.
- Despite what the product claims, we still heard wind noise coming from the windows. We had to fix this with some double-sided tape.
Despite its price tag, this product was a little hard to install and it did not stop the wind noise completely. However, we do think it's excellent as a deflector of rain water and we're quite pleased with how it looks on our car. Do be on the lookout for Weathertech vent visor If you're on the hunt for a good product to prevent the musty smell, contamination, electrical problems, and other problems caused by pooled rainwater inside your cabin. We're certainly not regretting our purchase.
- Weathertech Air Deflector
- Weathertech Bug Shield
- Weathertech Cargo Liner
- Weathertech Classic Premium Rubber Mats
- Weathertech Floor Liner
- Weathertech Floor Mats
- Weathertech Headlight Cover
- Weathertech Lamp Cover Kit
- Weathertech License Plate Cover
- Weathertech License Plate Frame