You would surely want to have as many protective components as you can have on your car, especially a bull bar on the front part. If you live in a rural area with wide pastures for cattle grazing, then this is a needed component in order to protect your occupants and your front area from cattle accidentally bumping your car head-on. But you must ensure that the design you will choose is pedestrian-friendly so that you do not increase the risk of death in case you hit a person with your bull bar. You can also choose one that accommodates a pair of spotlights, or you can install one that allows a sand flag to be fitted if you have an off-road vehicle. Whatever specs you are looking for, a Westin E-Series bull bar would definitely be a good option. But before buying this product, let us first see if it is worth your money.
- Made of stainless steel
- Includes a mount kit and skid plate
- Requires drilling
- With 3-inch-diameter tubes
- Carries a lifetime Westin limited warranty
We tested this component on a Land Rover Discovery and a Ford Explorer, and here is what we have to say:
- We had a pretty straightforward installation of the component despite the fact that we had to remove the tow hooks, which was the most hassle part of the procedure. All in all, the process only took thirty minutes for each vehicle.
- The product generally looked good. The stainless steel material was sturdy, and the polish was neatly done.
- We tested the component by running the front part of the Discovery and the Explorer against suspended sacks of hay. At 45 mph, the bull bar protected the grille area effectively from getting scratched. The tubes held the impact and did not dent.
- The component got in the way of the plate frame, so we had to use a plate relocator in order to move the plate frame to the right. Then, we had to add two bolts and nuts to the top holes of the frame so that it would not rattle when driving.
- The instructions provided with the product were a little vague. It would have been difficult for us to install the bull bar if we were inexperienced.
- The welding of the tubes was not very meticulous because there were some booger-like bumps visible underneath the polish.
With a competitive price and warranty, this Westin bull bar is definitely one of the good options you can get out there. It looks great and dependable, and it will surely pass if you are not that meticulous. Just make sure to have some help during the installation, for you need to cut parts of your air dam if your truck has no tow hooks.