Westin Nerf Bars Performance
There are a number of reasons to get a set of nerf bars, and if you look at the wide range of available Westin Nerf Bars, you'll find that there's something that fits your vehicle just right. Some vehicles really just need the great look that a set of bars provides, and set of Sport Tubes is made for just such vehicles, because they tuck snugly against the rocker panel, giving you maximum ground clearance, and these are especially great if you've got a lowered vehicle, because ordinary dro...pped down step bars will hit the ground. The Wheel 2 Wheel bars span the full available length, and they give you a solid place to step up when you want to reach into the bed, so this is a stylish and practical choice. The Signature series is this company's classic, and with rock solid bars that curve in to meet their secure mount points, you've got a great look and a solid step, with step pads that give you plenty of traction. The Platinum series is a slightly different look, and either of these Westin Nerf Bars come in your choice of mild steel or polished 304 corrosion free stainless. Choose the finish you prefer, and installation is simple. Auto part buyers certainly deserve wonderful customer support when shopping for quality parts for a car or truck. Accordingly, we built a 24/7/365 customer service hotline to answer your questions. Everybody hates to pay for shipping, that's why we always offer 100% free shipping for every order over $50. If you find a better price, tell us - we always beat any legitimate auto part price.
Driving off road can be unforgiving for your vehicle. Whether you're steering an SUV or a pick-up truck, it helps to have nerf bars that would protect the sides of your automobiles from side collisions and road damage. With those things in mind, we tested the Westin nerf bars on our 2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac to see if they can hold up to our rigorous road test.
- Made from 304 stainless steel
- Polished finish
- Highly durable
- Easy to install
- With slip-free and UV-resistant step pads
- Sold in sets of two
- Covers cab side
- Measures three inches in diameter
- Made for extended cab pickups
- Comes with a lifetime Westin limited warranty
What we liked
- The Westin nerf bars dress up our 2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac quite nicely. The polished finish complements well the white suede body color of our crew cab. It gives our truck character--our Sport Trac looks a little bare without the bars.
- Installing the bars was a no-brainer. The parts do not require drilling, which allowed us to mount in the bars rather easily. Mounting the nerf bars on both sides of the truck was done in less than 30 minutes.
- These nerf bars make getting in and out of the truck bed a lot easier. Moreover, the bars are very sturdy. We tested whether the bars can hold up to great weights (driver and passenger weight combined), and the bars didn't seem have budged even a bit.
- For their price, these Westin nerf bars give us value for every dollar that we spent. We compared the price of these nerf bars with those from the dealership and other auto parts floor, and we can honestly say that we have the best value for our money with this set.
What we didn't like
- Rear brackets weren't sturdy, but not the bars. The brackets broke right before we were able to attach them to the frame. We had to weld in the nuts to make the brackets secure. Though the task didn't take too long to accomplish, the additional step could have been eliminated if only the brackets were well built.
- The directions for installing weren't clear. Although the installation procedures weren't too complex, the lack of clear and detailed instructions could be a problem for a novice DIY-er.
Our final say
Although we encountered a hitch in the mounting of the brackets, the Westin nerf bars are a good, solid investment if you want a fiercer look on your ride. These bars also made accessing the bed of our crew cab a lot easier and faster.
- Westin Bed Extender
- Westin Bed Extender Hardware Kit
- Westin Billet Grille
- Westin Brush Guard
- Westin Bull Bar
- Westin Bumper Grille
- Westin Cargo Rack
- Westin Cargo Rack Mounting Kit
- Westin Cargo Tray
- Westin Driving Light
- Westin Fuel Door
- Westin Grille
- Westin Grille Guard
- Westin Grille Insert
- Westin License Plate Relocator
- Westin Light Bar
- Westin Light Bar Mounting Kit
- Westin Load Bars
- Westin Nerf Bar Mounting Kit
- Westin Push Bar
- Westin Push Bar Adapter Kit
- Westin Roof Rack
- Westin Roof Rack Accessory
- Westin Running Board Gap Strip
- Westin Running Board Mounting Kit
- Westin Running Boards
- Westin Sport Tubes
- Westin Tail Light Guard
- Westin Tie Straps
- Westin Ultimate Bull Bar