Zimmermann Coated Brake Disc
Driving with a bad brake disc is one way to court disaster. A worn-out brake disc can put your and other people's life at risk. That's why you need to rely on your own driving skills and excellent car parts to navigate safely on the road. Having said that, we installed and tested the Zimmerman coated brake disc on our Chevrolet Impala.
- Front location (driver or passenger side)
- Plain surface design
- OE replacement
- OE comparable
- Direct fit
- With high carbon content
- Corrosion resistant
- Comes with a 12-month or 12,000-mile limited warranty
What we liked
- Since the brake disc was a direct fit, it didn't take us long to install it in our Chevrolet Impala.The disc can be mounted in less than an hour, provided that you have the right set of tools for the job.
- The disc came with a coating, which is supposed to protect it from corrosion. We didn't strip away the coating, so that saved us time during the bedding in process. Some discs oxidize within a month or two of installation. This one didn't--that gives us peace of mind in knowing that there's no need to replace the disc anytime soon.
- The disc works just like its OEM counterparts. It also fits in nicely with the brake caliper and pads.
- Despite its plain surface design, the disc provided excellent stopping power. Moreover, it removed vibration or pulsation during braking.
- The high-carbon content of this disc makes it safe for daily driving or performance applications. It doesn't crack or warp too easily despite extended use.
- It's a lot less expensive than other brake discs we found online. For something that's made with high quality, this brake disc definitely exceeds our expectation.
What we didn't like
- It was a bit noisy at first, but it quiets down after a while. The low, grinding noise disappeared after we've made a few moderate and aggressive stops.
Our final say
Despite the noticeable noise after installation, the Zimmermann coated brake disc offers quiet braking, whether you're driving on a highway or navigating rough roads. We liked its superior stopping power--no more vibrations upon braking--and its very affordable price. We highly recommend this brand for anyone who's looking for high-quality brake discs for his automobile.