Gibson 18708 Swept Side Exhaust System - 2.5 in. Main Piping Diameter, Single, Straight out the back, Natural, Aluminized steel
Part #: G2718708 | Mfr #: 18708
Ships out in 2-3 business days
- Low Price Guarantee
5 out of 5 stars
(1 customer reviews)
- Manufacturer info
- Extended Warranty
- Related Products
- Related Products
- Series: Gibson Swept Side
- Material: Aluminized steel
- Color/Finish: Natural
- Quantity Sold: Assembly
- Muffler Sound Level: Moderate to Aggressive
- Recommended Use: Performance
- Advertised Power Gains: 8-10 h.p.
- Anticipated Ship Out Time: 2-3 business days
- Attachment Style: Bolt-on
- Exit Location: Straight out the back
- Exit Quantity: Single
- Includes: Pipes, zinc-plated factory style hangers, heavy-duty clamps
- Main Piping Diameter: 2.5 in.
- Muffler Configuration: Single inlet and outlet
- Muffler Finish: Natural
- Muffler Material: Aluminized steel
- Muffler Quantity: One
- Muffler Type: Baffled and Chambered
- System Type: Cat-back
- Tip Cut: Angle
- Tip Diameter: 3.5 in.
- Tip Edge Style: Non-rolled
- Tip Finish: Polished
- Tip Length: 3.5 in.
- Tip Material: Stainless steel
- Tip Quantity: One
- Tip Shape: Round
- Warranty: Lifetime Gibson limited warranty
2006 4Runner SR5 V8 and Gibson exhaust by Blowout, August 25, 2008
|Ease of Use/Installation:|
First of all the packaging was enormous, 22x23x74. The wife thought I ordered a coffin. The gison box was inside and there was alot of filler packing. The system was in great shape upon opening. The installation was simple and everything fit up to the stock hanger supports. Pipe to pipe fitment was excellent. One point is that the lock washer to the bolts that hold the Gibson flange to the stock collectoer pipe were a size too small. I just used extra washers that I had. The Gibson is much smaller than the stock muffler which I like for a bit of added ground clearance. The sound is not too loud, but noticable. I was looking to optimize gas mileage and it seems to have made a bit of a difference. Pick up seems smoother with less delay. I also have a Volant on the intake side and hoped the addition of the Gibson would aid in low end performance as well. Too early to tell at this point so I gave it 4 stars.