Since the steering wheel is what we constantly use in our car, it’s really quite inevitable for it to wear out in time. Maintaining proper upkeep is an option for you to keep the wheel look good as new, but if simple cleaning and repairing can’t help it, then it’s about time that you buy yourself a new one. Of course, there are probably hundreds of brands out there. And with the sea of companies in the industry, you’re left with decisions, decisions, and decisions. To narrow it down, we have come up with a guide to help you out when looking for a brand new steering wheel.
Before going to the store…
- It’s a good idea to know the measurements of your old steering wheel as a basis for your new one. You wouldn’t want to purchase one that’s either too big or too small.
- Your vehicle came in with a steering wheel with measurements that are just perfect for your car. You want to make sure that the new one that you’re going to buy won’t block your view. Remember, you must have a clear sight of the road in front of you to avoid accidents.
- Know which store you’re going to buy your new wheel. There are various auto shops in the market; however, some of them may not have the steering wheel that you are looking for. Another option is visiting online automotive retailers, wherein you can just easily purchase a new wheel with just a click of the mouse.
When at the store…
- Check what style of steering wheel that you want to install in your ride. In fact, there are different designs for you to choose from and it all depends on your preference which one you’d like to buy.
- Know what kind of finish you want your wheel to have. If you want something luxurious-looking, then go for the leather texture. If you want a classic look, then the wood would be a great touch to your vehicle. There are other different styles of steering wheel and you better be sure that the one you’ll end up choosing will perfectly match the interiors of your car.
- Since you already know the measurements of your previous wheel, then you better make sure that you purchase the one with similar measurements. You wouldn’t want one that looks bulky or too tiny; instead, buy one that fits perfectly in your hands and would definitely enable you to steer at your comfort.
Now that you’ve gone through these tips, you have an idea as to what kind of steering wheel you want for your car. The decision is now in your hands. Have a great shopping!