- Award-winning customer service
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- 30-day no-hassle returns
- Authorized distributor
- 100% secure shopping guaranteed
Steering WheelWe have 253 Items for Steering Wheel In-stock.
Select your Steering Wheel vehicle from the list below.
Select your Steering Wheel brand from the list below.
As a driver, you know how crucial the steering wheel is to the overall design and function of your vehicle. No matter how sleek and elegant a car is, if its driving wheel looks horrible, its coolness just plummets to negative. If you're planning on customizing your car's wheel, you have to think about your options very carefully. Remember that a bad hand wheel is not only difficult to control but a source of nagging discomfort as well. So when shopping for a new wheel, be sure to look for one that fits perfectly-not too small, not too big. It should fit flush inside without taking up so much space. Be careful not to be too dazzled by shining spokes 'cause they can actually prevent you from maneuvering the car in the easiest manner. The surface of the wheel must provide your hands with great traction, so your grasp doesn't slip even when your palms get sweaty. Needless to say, it should also be extremely durable. Finally, its design must complement and enhance the look of your vehicle and not stick out like it doesn't belong there. The great news is we have a steering wheel with all of these superb qualities here at Auto Parts Warehouse. We offer the biggest discounts in the industry and our super secure and fast shipping is bound to amaze you. So go ahead and shop for a new steering wheel today to put the crown of your new custom look in place.
Choosing the Right Steering Wheel Replacement
Since the steering wheel is what we constantly use in our car, it’s really quite inevitable for it to wear out in time. Maintaining proper upkeep is an option for you to keep the wheel look good as new, but if simple cleaning and repairing can’t help it, then it’s about time that you buy yourself a new one. Of course, there are probably hundreds of brands out there. And with the sea of companies in the industry, you’re left with decisions, decisions, and decisions. To narrow it down, we have come up with a guide to help you out when looking for a brand new steering wheel.
Before going to the store…
- It’s a good idea to know the measurements of your old steering wheel as a basis for your new one. You wouldn’t want to purchase one that’s either too big or too small.
- Your vehicle came in with a steering wheel with measurements that are just perfect for your car. You want to make sure that the new one that you’re going to buy won’t block your view. Remember, you must have a clear sight of the road in front of you to avoid accidents.
- Know which store you’re going to buy your new wheel. There are various auto shops in the market; however, some of them may not have the steering wheel that you are looking for. Another option is visiting online automotive retailers, wherein you can just easily purchase a new wheel with just a click of the mouse.
When at the store…
- Check what style of steering wheel that you want to install in your ride. In fact, there are different designs for you to choose from and it all depends on your preference which one you’d like to buy.
- Know what kind of finish you want your wheel to have. If you want something luxurious-looking, then go for the leather texture. If you want a classic look, then the wood would be a great touch to your vehicle. There are other different styles of steering wheel and you better be sure that the one you’ll end up choosing will perfectly match the interiors of your car.
- Since you already know the measurements of your previous wheel, then you better make sure that you purchase the one with similar measurements. You wouldn’t want one that looks bulky or too tiny; instead, buy one that fits perfectly in your hands and would definitely enable you to steer at your comfort.
Now that you’ve gone through these tips, you have an idea as to what kind of steering wheel you want for your car. The decision is now in your hands. Have a great shopping!
Steer the Gear
The steering wheel is probably one of the easiest parts to replace to be able to make your vehicle look good as new. Since it’s the most used component, we cannot avoid the fact that it will wear out soon. Being the most visible part, you’d want to keep it in top shape at all times. There are a lot of different textures for steering wheels, be it leather, vinyl, or wood, and these have various kinds of maintenance. However, leather wheels give the vehicle a luxurious touch to it yet somehow really easy to restore.
Difficulty level: easy
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Plastic sheet
- Spray bottle
- Rubbing alcohol
- Gel super glue
- 240-grit sandpaper
- Plastic scouring pad
- Adhesion promoter
- Water sealer
- Satin finish clear coat
- Automotive leather spray dye
Step 1: Protect. You wouldn’t want to mess up the other components of your car so it’s best to keep the surrounding area protected. So get your plastic sheet and cover the neighboring areas that may be affected while repairing the leather steering wheel.
Step 2: Mix n’ Rub. Grab the spray bottle and mix 2 ounces each of ammonia, rubbing alcohol, and acetone. Spray it all over the wheel using a plastic scouring pad. Make sure you remove the filth, oil, or stain.
Step 3: Dry and Fill in. You wouldn’t want to use the wheel while it’s wet, so let it dry. After, inspect for any damages or holes that can be filled in. If there are, grab the gel super glue and fill each hole and wait for it to become tacky. Position the loose leather fibers to cover the hole to be able to create a patch over it and, sand down the leather using the 240-grit sandpaper.
Step 4: Cover. Grab the water sealer and apply it all over the leather and let it dry before you add a coat of adhesion promoter. With these materials, you’d be able to get a vibrant leather steering wheel. Cover the wheel with leather spray dye. For better results, apply more than one coat.
Step 5: Spray and you’re done! After the whole process, spray a layer of satin finish clear coat over the dye and let it dry before taking off the plastic. And with that, you can start manning the wheel again!
Tips to Keep in Mind:
- Some people focus too much on the façade and completely forgetting everything at the back. So don’t forget the back part of the steering wheel to complete the whole process.
- Though you may find large leather gaps, don’t try to fill in everything. This will result to an uneven dye job. Good luck!