The t-belt tension adjuster replacement is really one the scariest fixes for a car owner. That's because the tensioner is quite expensive and the task of repairing it requires a lot of time and effort. If unfortunately, you are currently experiencing this challenge, what you need to do before anything else, is to familiarize yourself with this task at hand. Begin with how to buy t-belt tension adjuster replacement part. Here are some tips for you.
- Choose a direct-fit. This is a piston-like component that needs to be attached to the cylinders on both ends. It's dangerous to buy universal fit for it may be difficult to install it properly without having to cut the tensioner. So save yourself from such hassle and buy the suitable t-belt tension adjuster.
- Take the correct measurements of the vital parts of the timing belt assembly to get the correct size of t-belt tension adjuster.
1. The length of the timing belt- to know if it's going to flap when attached to the tension adjuster. Avoid buying longer than what is required.
2. The diameter of the installation shaft- the upper end that you attach to the engine block.
3. The diameter of the base plate bracket- the other end that you attach to the clearance block.
- Ask for a timing system replacement kit to save money. If there's a need to change the t-belt tension adjuster, there's also a high possibility that you need to swap other related parts such as timing idler and timing belt. You can save a few cash if you will buy a kit instead of individual parts.
- Do not test or fit the part when you're not sure it's the right one. Warranty will be voided once the component has been used. Always check the warranty details to know what is covered and what is not.
- Don't settle for less. T-belt tension adjusters are generally expensive. The danger with finding cheaper t-belt tension adjuster is, you might take for granted the quality. Buy from credible suppliers that offer quality auto parts and provide warranties.