Your pickup truck's tailgate handle cover doesn't wear out easily; but when it does, it has served for a long time. It may simply go unnoticed, but its purpose is almost very important like a door knob, and that's basically to get you in and out. Now you can actually do it with style. Here's a helpful set of dos and don'ts when you consider buying a new one.
- Determine what type of material you want for the tailgate handle cover. This has an effect on the cover's appearance on your car because some covers are shiny like chrome and steel. Other covers have a dull, matte finish. It's advisable to choose a cover that goes with the look of the tailgate handle, and the trims of the car.
- Look for the tailgate handle cover that is specific to your car's make, type, and year. This has everything to do with the compatibility in size, position, and shape of your tailgate cover and handle.
- Check if your tail gate handle has a key hole. The cover that you choose must also have the correct key hole pattern. You may also consider a tailgate handle cover with LED. It will be easier for you to locate the handle during night time or when it's dark.
- Buy a tailgate handle cover from a trusted name in the market. Apart from getting your money's worth, you can even avail up to a lifetime warranty for the part.
- DON'T choose a tailgate handle cover that still needs drilling; it will only risk your car and give you a hard time. You can look always look for a cover that comes with heavy duty tape for faster installation.
- DON'T buy a tailgate handle cover from an unknown source. The quality of the product is uncertain. Plus, they may not offer any warranty.