The window assembly is on the front line of defense in keeping you and the other passengers in your car safe. The glass window acts as a shield against rain, snow, sun, and wind. Even if the window assembly is designed and engineered to withstand these harsh weather conditions, it is not invincible. In your car's lifetime, you may have to replace the window assembly once or twice. It's important that as early as now, you already have an idea how to replace and how to buy the right window assembly for your car. Here are some tips to help you out.
Choosing a window tint
- Tinted glasses provide privacy, and dark windows have the best coverage. You should also take your car's color into consideration and choose a widow tint that complements with it. For instance, mirror tints look good in silver or black cars. For red cars, black windows are recommended for they highlight the red shade in your car.
- Be aware of tints that are prohibited in your area. Cars with windows that are too dark are not allowed in most areas because they are often associated with crimes and other illegal acts.
Getting the right size
- To get the right size, read your vehicle owner's manual to find out the dimensions of the entire window assembly in your car. If you want to make sure, measure and take note of the length and width of your car's window so that when you get to the auto parts store, you already know what to get.
- Buy direct-fit window assembly so you don't have to cut or weld any component . A direct fit assembly is also easier to install, that's why it's your best option if you are planning to put the new window assembly to your car alone.
Making the most out of your money
- Buy window components that are sold in kits. Kits are more affordable than buying individual parts. You can also avoid buying window accessories that do not fit well; in kits, the weatherstrips, scrapers, and other hardwares are made to fit in one entire window assembly.
- A window assembly is a bit expensive compared to other car parts, so buy only from trusted distributors and sellers to get a product warranty. If in case you bought a damaged component, the reseller can ship you a replacement free of charge.