Many of your car's parts will not function without the command of a brain--the engine control module. This is a computerized circuit board that controls spark plug timing, idle speed, cruise control speed, and fuel release to the combustion system, among others. Once this component becomes problematic, you will experience a lot of hassles with those mentioned operations. Sometimes, the issues are so severe that your vehicle will just stop running without notice, thus damaging the engine and other parts. If you want to ensure that your vehicle functions at its best, then install a quality ECM. Let us see if one from A1 Cardone will be a powerful brain for your ride.
- Remanufactured component
- With critical components 100 percent re-soldered
- Superior electrical connections
- With chips secured well to the board
- Conformal coating upgraded and replaced
- Ensures optimum regulation of engine performance and fuel consumption
We tested this component on a Nissan Pathfinder and a Chevrolet Silverado, and here is what we have to say:
- We inspected the component by opening it up. For a remanufactured one, this engine control module looked okay, with internal components soldered securely in place. The electrical connections inside were carefully done.
- We were able to install the ECM without any considerable hassle. It mounted well on the engine using the appropriate fasteners.
- Driving the two vehicles for thirty minutes each, we noticed that the Pathfinder and the Silverado were more responsive. The engine ran smoothly, fuel was well regulated, and the transmission operated without any weird sound. No lights on the dashboard came on, which meant that the previous issues with component operation were resolved.
- The emissions of the Pathfinder and the Silverado were considerably better. The smoke coming out of the tailpipe of each car was less darker after the installation of the ECM.
- For a remanufactured component, this product is a bit pricey that it even competes with the price of new ECM units from AC Delco.
For such a delicate component, it is essential that you only buy the best. This one from A1 Cardone, although remanufactured, still performs what it is meant to do. The two vehicles we used for the test responded better when the unit was installed. The only downside of this product is the price; with that amount, you can already go for a new component from another brand.