Fixing the door panels and handles will be a lot easier if you can remove those pesky clips without too much trouble. You may use a putty knife, some pliers, or even jam some flat-head screwdriver to pull them off. But then, these may break or bend the clips, which will only make them difficult to put back in or render them unreliable, unable to fasten anything. You won't have to be troubled with those clips if you have the right clip remover. For this review, we picked the Actron clip remover to find out if it's reliable and easy to use.
- Sold as a 3-piece set
- Includes a door handle removal tool and U-notch and V-notch clip tools
- With stainless steel blades that are heat-treated and polished
- With two component handles
What's great about this clip remover
- This 3-piece set of door panel and handle clip removal tools is easy to use. We used it on removing and fixing door panels and handles, and it worked on different types of clips.
- The handles are ergonomically designed, and we think that it's one of the best things about using the door handle removal tool and the U-notch and V-notch tools. This made the experience quite convenient for DIYers like us.
- We like the idea that the end of the handle can also serve as an upholstery tucking tool. It's very easy to use.
- The tools are designed with ergonomics and practicality in mind.
- They get the job done. We've used these tools for removing door handles and panels, and we can say that they work well.
- The blades are well polished, and they're sturdy. They provide a good grip on the clips, which make it easier to remove these fasteners.
- The tools didn't break the clips. We were able to put back the clips easily and seal them in.
What's not so great about this tool
- You can find cheaper tools than this set.
What we think
The 3-piece set of door panel and handle clip removal tools can get the job done. They make it easier to pull out those clips without breaking them. They're designed with convenience in mind and they can be used on different styles of clips. These are solid pieces, and we can recommend these to car owners who are looking for reliable tools that are built to last and work as expected.