Instead of paying someone else to fix the doors, the panels and handles, you can get the job done on your own and save more money. Sometimes, all you really need is a manual or a simple list of instructions to perform the job. To work like a pro and get the results that you want, you can't just use hacks or improvised tools like MacGyver. You'll need the right tools to make sure that you won't break any fastener. If you do, then you'll have trouble putting things back together. You may have to run to the nearest auto parts store to get a set of fasteners such as clips. We gave the Actron door clip pliers a try in some of our DIY jobs and came up with this detailed review.
- Work like regular pliers but with a flat surface and a slot at the center
- With a convenient handle
- Can be used on different types of door clips
What to like about the door clip pliers
- This pair of door clip pliers is easy to use. It makes it easy to remove the clips without breaking them. We slipped the thin ends underneath the head of the clip. We then squeezed the pliers a bit and had a good grip of the clips.
- The door clip pliers didn't break the clips or crack anything. This tool is much better than using screwdrivers that are jammed or slipped under the clip's head.
- The tool applied the needed force to the clip, and it handled the job well enough that we were able to remove the fastener in no time, with a good grip and without so much of a struggle.
- We were able to use the pliers when removing door clips and fixing door panels of different cars. The tool came in handy for different automotive fixes, including car stereo speaker installations.
- It took us just a short time to fix the door panels using the tool. It made the job much easier.
- The handle of the pliers is quite comfortable and convenient.
- This pair of door clip pliers isn't only easy to use but also sturdy. We've used it on a number of DIY fixes, and it held out nicely. There's no sign of breaking anytime soon after putting it under a lot of stress.
What's not so great about this tool
- The tool can get the job done but doesn't have the fancy look or the bells and whistles of similar tools by other brands.
This pair of door clip pliers by Actron is something we can recommend to DIYers who want something useful and reliable.