It takes more than just the right mix of fuel and air to squeeze more power out of the vehicle and to gain optimum engine efficiency. A perfectly timed spark also matters. To figure out if ignition timing and firing are done right, what you need is a timing light. In this review, we used an Actron timing light for the test. Here's our two cents on the performance and features of the digital timing light:
- Features a flashlight with 2/4 cycle and RPM advance lights
- Has a bright LED screen and indicator lights
- Designed with a linear xenon flash tube and focused fresnel lens
- With molded inductive pickup clamps over spark plug wire
- Comes with a user manual
- Backed by a 1-year warranty
- With a user manual, we were able to figure out fast how to use and set up the digital timing light. The clamps are easy to hook up.
- The digital timing does its job well in checking the ignition timing and troubleshooting the ignition system. We've used the tool on different cars, and every time, it's able to detect whatever's amiss with the ignition timing. It's accurate.
- The tachometer is a neat feature. It's one of the things we like about this timing light. It's able to provide accurate measurements of the engine's RPM.
- It's designed with all the right features. It looks good, and it works well. It didn't let us down. The tool looks solid. It seems like this would last a long time and can hold up nicely.
- It's flexible. It allows you to make certain adjustments and use it on different settings and applications.
- The bright light made it even more convenient to use the instrument any time of day. We've done some work on a sunny afternoon, and the bright light of this tool made things easier to read.
- We consider this a great deal, considering its great features and the good price that comes with it.
- You can probably find a more advanced timing light than this one, especially if you're an automotive technician by trade or want a more sophisticated tool.
The Actron digital timing light has a good set of features. It's easy to use and set up. It's a nifty tool that you'd want to have in your DIY kit. We can say that this one offers a great deal considering its price, efficiency, and overall performance.