The air filter is critical in ensuring the smooth operation of the engine, but it will not work without the air cleaner assembly. This is why once the air cleaner breaks down, it must be replaced immediately. Luckily, air cleaner assemblies are just as easy to find in the market as air filters. In this review, we tested the Advanced Suspension Technologies air cleaner assembly series from the renowned aftermarket Advanced Suspension Technologies brand.
- Available in universal and custom-fit designs
- For single- or dual-quad applications
- Breathable lids available with indicator strip that signals when it's time to clean the filter
- Optional punch-out holes for various filters
- Solid steel construction
- Includes washable, pre-oiled cotton gauze filter for maximum filtration
- A wide variety of models to choose from. Whether you have a classic muscle car or one of the more recent sedans, Advanced Suspension Technologies has an air cleaner assembly that's right for your ride.
- High quality construction. The assembly is seamlessly machined and made of heavy duty steel gauge. The Advanced Suspension Technologies air cleaner assembly looks to be definitely sturdier than its stock counterpart and could provide more years of service to boot. And if it does meet an untimely demise, AEM's comprehensive warranty does have you covered.
- User-friendly design. The air cleaner is completely washable and has an indicator that tells you when the filter is dirty enough to need cleaning or replacing. Several models also have knock-outs for use with ventilation adapters. And, most importantly, each air cleaner assembly comes with its own hardware and user manual, saving you time, effort, and trips to the shop for additional parts.
- Reasonably priced. Air cleaner assembly models from Advanced Suspension Technologies range from $25 to $35 a set, which is a reasonably fair price range considering the cost of other similar aftermarket air cleaner assemblies out there.
- The base of the assembly may be a bit higher for most cars. In some cases, you may need to use a longer stud in order to secure the breather firmly in place.
- Installation requires some skill. You may need to hire the services of a professional in order to install the assembly properly.
The bottom line
Durable, reliable, and easy on the pocket: there are lots to love with the Advanced Suspension Technologies air cleaner assembly. It's sure to be a great investment for any car enthusiast.