The control arm bushings sustain a lot of abuse even during normal driving conditions; so when finding a replacement for a worn bushing, you need to make sure that it can handle stress effectively. Aftermarket performance bushings are not that hard to find nowadays, and one of the most popular in the market right now is the Advanced Suspension Technologies control arm bushing.
Specializing in suspensions for automobiles and industrial purposes, Advanced Suspension Technologies offers control arm bushings that complement the suspension components in its catalog. In this review, we acquired a set of these control arm bushings to check whether it is worth the purchase.
- Made of specialize polyurethane that resists road salt, oil, and other under car contaminants
- Available in various softness and hardness levels
- Suitable for use in cars, light duty trucks, and SUVs
- Heavy duty construction. Advanced Suspension Technologies claims to have invested a lot in developing the polyurethane material it uses in its bushings, and it shows when we took the bushings out from their packaging. We put the bushings on a brutal regimen of stress tests, and we saw no discernible loss in integrity.
- Various options to consider. We also appreciate the fact that the bushings come in varied hardness options so you can choose how much give the bushings will provide to fit your preferences.
- Less vibration. The Advanced Suspension Technologies control arm bushings are quite effective in dampening the vibrations from the wheel. We experienced less shaking in the steering wheel, which is a godsend for drivers who frequently travel over long distances.
- A bit difficult to install. Though they may not have that many moving parts, these bushings proved to be quite difficult to install. It took us several hours before we've managed to install the bushings properly onto the control arms. It's certainly a task that we do not recommend to car owners with little or no experience in car repair.
The bottom line
Durable and highly effective in dampening vibrations, the Advanced Suspension Technologies control arm bushing is a good candidate to consider when shopping around for bushings for your vehicle's control arms. However, we suggest having the bushings installed by a competent mechanic as improper installation may cause more harm than good to your car's suspension.